chimpanzees in Chester Zoo

CJR

Name
Cathy
Edit My Images
Yes
A very grey day yesterday at the Zoo, but I got a couple of images of some young chimps which I'm quite pleased with.

Youngchimpflattenedlayers_filtered.jpg

Chimp.jpg

WDYT?

Thanks.

Cathy

Pretty cool expressions there (y)
TBH I would have prefered a tighter crop on #1 and I think that it could stand a little more sharpening.
I have had a quick play hope you dion't mind, If you don't like it just say and I will delete it.............

Youngchimpflattenedlayers_filtered.jpg

The first one has the aaah factor, but that 2nd one is a belter - tack sharp.

Cobra, thanks for your interest and taking the time to edit. I'd experimented with Noise Ninja on that image, so I wonder if that perhaps took away some of the sharpness. Certainly doesn't seem any noise that I can see in your edit, and I think the tighter crop is definitely an improvement also.

CT, thanks very much for your feedback, much appreciated. I'm slowly getting used to the new lens (EF100-400L IS) and working out what sort of shutter speeds etc I need to get good handheld shots.

Cathy

Looks like you're all set for Namibia, then. These are really good shots. Composition of #1 is nice. Its soft, but then that happens and that's why I always try to take lots of pics of the same scene. #2 is sharp. Nuff said.

Have a great trip and we look forward to seeing your pics when you get back.

MV

Cobra, thanks for your interest and taking the time to edit. I'd experimented with Noise Ninja on that image, so I wonder if that perhaps took away some of the sharpness. .....
Cathy

No Worries Cathy
Noise suppression will do that, was it noisey to start? with I couldn't get the EXIF data from that one but number 2 image says ISO 1250 f/5.6 & 1/400th I guess they were the same?

Agree no2 is a real cracker! Both nicely captured though, well done!(y)

:agree: 2nd is the better of the 2

thank you one and all for your feedback, it is much appreciated. Sorry for delay in replying.

There wasn't a huge amount of noise, really, so might well have been better without the NN experiment. As far as I recall, the exif data will be the same for both - I don't know why it's visible for one and not the other.

Cathy

The first one does it for me! you captured the moment very well there! I just so love the expression on the little fellas face! I've sat for hours watching the chimps at Chester Zoo, they're just so cool!

i used to spend alot of time at chester zoo as i lived not far from it. i'v taken afew pics myselfd and think they are great for just a point and shoot camera.

You can't get a shot like that with a point and shoot camera.

The camera body was a 30d and the lens used is a Canon 100-400L

Absolutely fantastic shot Cathy and beats hands down anything I've ever managed to get of the chimps with the 100-400 (and I've been trying for over a year now!).

I really love the 2nd shot, expression, composition, sharpness - everything is absolutely fantastic.

Back