Chips behind bars

Jao

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
8142534103_6de14602ce_c.jpg

Shot with my Yashica 35 GT Electro on Poundshop Kodak non descript 'emulsion for the masses' 200 ISO film. I love the Yashica with it's very sharp fixed 40mm lens and its exceptionally bright rangefinder Viewfinder. This was shot from the hip and zone focused. Deved and scanned by Asda. did toy with shifting the colour a little to give it more of a Martin Parr feel but decided to leave as is.

Really like this, it is very Parr-ish :) I like how you have framed above the shrubbery.

Great shot!

Thanks Nick, you comments are appreciated. I do like the Yashica and the images it turns out.

The lens is super sharp isn't it?! Starting to prefer it over the Trip as a chuck in the bag in the morning camera!

to be honest it does nothing for me its just someone sat on a bench snap shot, no interaction with the cut off woman what did you hope to show with this shot? out of interest

I don't know about Adrian but there are a few things about the shot that make it for me personally:

1. The first thing that struck me was that his trousers have fallen out with his shoes yet unlike me he seems oblivious and is not letting the breeze on his legs stop him from enjoying his chips.

2. Kind of a personal thing as I do it too but the way he is still holding onto his carrier bag in the same hand as his chips instead of putting it on the floor between his feet or on the bench next to him. I do it as some kind of OCD thing.

3. As already mentioned I like the framing. The shrubbery at the bottom of the picture brings to mind the seats of an old fashioned flea pit movie theatre.

One of the things I love about this hobby is the fact that I see what I like and others see what they like (or dislike) :)

to be honest it does nothing for me its just someone sat on a bench snap shot, no interaction with the cut off woman what did you hope to show with this shot? out of interest

Dave, it won't be every ones cup of tea but I do like to capture the mundane, sad but true and each to his own I guess. I love the work of William Egglestone and Martin Parr and try to emulate some of their approaches, all be it very poorly:LOL:

But in trying to explain why I took it, for me the guys proximity to the barrier, his oblivious stance and the complete lack of contact with the woman woman next to him, who I assumed was his partner was part of the interest. He was also clutching his carrier bag for dear life. It is just a moment in time. It doesn't tell a story and as said will probably not appeal to many. But for me photography is about capturing images that interest me, if others like them that is a bonus but not an end in itself.

Thanks for your comments though they are genuinely appreciated and the effort in looking at the image to find points of interest. That in itself is valued. All comment, positive or negative is of values and make me think which can't be a bad thing :)

I don't know about Adrian but there are a few things about the shot that make it for me personally:

1. The first thing that struck me was that his trousers have fallen out with his shoes yet unlike me he seems oblivious and is not letting the breeze on his legs stop him from enjoying his chips.

2. Kind of a personal thing as I do it too but the way he is still holding onto his carrier bag in the same hand as his chips instead of putting it on the floor between his feet or on the bench next to him. I do it as some kind of OCD thing.

3. As already mentioned I like the framing. The shrubbery at the bottom of the picture brings to mind the seats of an old fashioned flea pit movie theatre.

One of the things I love about this hobby is the fact that I see what I like and others see what they like (or dislike) :)

Many thanks for your comments Nick, I think for me you hit the nail on the head, the great thing about this hobby is that we all see something different:)

Dave, it won't be every ones cup of tea but I do like to capture the mundane, sad but true and each to his own I guess. I love the work of William Egglestone and Martin Parr and try to emulate some of their approaches, all be it very poorly:LOL:

But in trying to explain why I took it, for me the guys proximity to the barrier, his oblivious stance and the complete lack of contact with the woman woman next to him, who I assumed was his partner was part of the interest. He was also clutching his carrier bag for dear life. It is just a moment in time. It doesn't tell a story and as said will probably not appeal to many. But for me photography is about capturing images that interest me, if others like them that is a bonus but not an end in itself.

Thanks for your comments though they are genuinely appreciated and the effort in looking at the image to find points of interest. That in itself is valued. All comment, positive or negative is of values and make me think which can't be a bad thing :)

OK it now makes sense to me and I see what you mean, and agree photography it about what interests you

Back