Christmas Bonus - Convince me

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Well, it looks like I'm getting an Xmas bonus of £1300 (about £850 - £900 after tax and other deductions). I'm very tempted to get the Canon 40D, to upgrade from my current 350D. I feel an Email to Kerso coming on;)

I'm open to other ideas tho:shrug:

Go on convince me - you know you want to(y):LOL:

What about taking your other half on a romantic break?!!!!

I'll get my coat

p.s. I'm a Nikon user!!!

Well, I don't get Christmas bonuses, so you could always share it :D

father-in-law just upgraded from a 350d to a 40d and is grinning like a cheshire cat. I don't think you'll be disappointed but go and hold one in Jessops for comparison first, its a fair bit bigger and heavier - so much so that the pa-in-law is taking his 350d on hiss holidays
a rather than the newer one. (740g vs the 510g of a 400D)

If you *NEED* convincing then you dont really need the upgrade.

Me..... I'd buy it first then convince myself i did the right thing :LOL:

What do you want to do that your 350D won't let you? In other words, do you NEED to upgrade, or just want to? And if the latter, would you be better investing in some top-quality glass and a battery grip instead?

from the right place 900 notes will very nearly get you the 70-200 f2.8 L
After cashback it may well do so.
I want that lens

What do you want to do that your 350D won't let you? In other words, do you NEED to upgrade, or just want to? And if the latter, would you be better investing in some top-quality glass and a battery grip instead?
Absolutely. My thoughts exactly.

Nah, I've got some decent glass inc 100 - 400L and a grip.

Still intend to use the 350D, just think it's time to have a better camera. Don't quite go with your argument there or we'd all be using our first DSLR's. Sorry.

If you need convincing Brash spend it on something else but if it was me my next post would be "whey hey" I got a new 40D :LOL:

If you need convincing Brash spend it on something else but if it was me my next post would be "whey hey" I got a new 40D :LOL:

I might just do that. Cheers(y)(y)(y)(y)

Back