Church view

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
_6913911a.jpg

C&C welcome

Thank you for looking

Think you've captured that strange light you see when you wake up in the morning and you just know it has been snowing.... if that makes any sense :LOL:

probably just from the resizing but it looks like it needs a slight sharpen?

Think you've captured that strange light you see when you wake up in the morning and you just know it has been snowing.... if that makes any sense :LOL:

probably just from the resizing but it looks like it needs a slight sharpen?

Thanks for your comments Robert - agree it is a strange light but, imho, very appealing.

Tom

Great shot, the light and sky make it...

When you see that light you might as well just crawl back under the covers, nothing will be moving ... :LOL:

Thanks for your comments Rob.

Love the light and the clouds in that (y)

like the shot but the white balance of the snow weakens the picture...looks really good when this is sorted.

Love the light and the clouds in that (y)

Thank you John for your comments.

like the shot but the white balance of the snow weakens the picture...looks really good when this is sorted.

Thanks for your comments.

The snow is reflecting the sky tones and hence its pinkish tone.

Thank you John for your comments.

The snow is reflecting the sky tones and hence its pinkish tone.

looks more grey than pinkish, just needs lifting to add a little balance.

Like that lots, nicely spotted. (y)

I'd like to agree with Walls, but I can't decide whos right. ...snow exposure is a law unto its own.

Thanks for your comments Adam - much appreciated.

Agree with you about snow exposure.

Tom

Lovely, I like the reflected colour in the snow myself. I suspect thats what you would see with your eye (or near enough) so I wouldn't change it.
I also like the little stream snaking through the scene. Nice.

Andy

Lovely, I like the reflected colour in the snow myself. I suspect thats what you would see with your eye (or near enough) so I wouldn't change it.
I also like the little stream snaking through the scene. Nice.

Andy

Thanks for your comments Andy - glad you like it.

Tom

You have captured the light so well. This looks as if it is in Scandinavia, particulaly with the (wooden?) church.

I shall not comment on the colours or WB but on the composition. I just love how the eye is drawn by the frozen water to the Church and how it is enhanced by the cloud formation.
Magic stuff Tom (y)

Lovely scene - the exposure looks spot on with lots of detail left in the snow and the sky is just great :)

Lovely stuff!

You have captured the light so well. This looks as if it is in Scandinavia, particulaly with the (wooden?) church.

Thank you - was taken in Iceland.

I shall not comment on the colours or WB but on the composition. I just love how the eye is drawn by the frozen water to the Church and how it is enhanced by the cloud formation.
Magic stuff Tom (y)

Thanks for your comments Donna - glad you liked it.

Lovely scene - the exposure looks spot on with lots of detail left in the snow and the sky is just great :)

Lovely stuff!

Many thanks for your comments John - much appreciated.

Lovely pic this looks like one for the wall(y)

Thank you - making a bit of wall space for it soon.

Tom

Thank you - was taken in Iceland.

Tom

Lovely pic - Iceland seems like such a great place to go, especially for taking photos. It's somewhere I would really love to get to one day!

I think this is a beautiful scene

Lovely pic - Iceland seems like such a great place to go, especially for taking photos. It's somewhere I would really love to get to one day!

I think this is a beautiful scene

Thank you - pleases you liked it.

Tom

Really good - colours and the sky - I think the snow is the right colour.(y)

The only thing I would be tempted to do is crop the foreground - midway between the two stretches of water and give more dominants to the sky.

Really good - colours and the sky - I think the snow is the right colour.(y)

The only thing I would be tempted to do is crop the foreground - midway between the two stretches of water and give more dominants to the sky.

Thank you for your comment.

Again very much down to personal taste but imho the 2 water stretches give a good diagonal lead towards the church and I think that cropping one out would very much loose that diagonal lead in.

Tom

Thank you for your comment.

Again very much down to personal taste but imho the 2 water stretches give a good diagonal lead towards the church and I think that cropping one out would very much loose that diagonal lead in.

Tom

Fair comment - like you say art is subjective(y)

I really like the composition and the lines in this, as well as the colour of the light reflected by the snow, although I can't help feeling that I might be tempted to give it a little curves tweak, just to brighten up the foreground a little.

Fair comment - like you say art is subjective(y)

(y)

I really like the composition and the lines in this, as well as the colour of the light reflected by the snow, although I can't help feeling that I might be tempted to give it a little curves tweak, just to brighten up the foreground a little.

The curves tweak I think going to be also very much down to personal taste. My perspective on this is that the fg pink tone creates a mood which is one of the main components in this composition.

Tom

Back