Cirencester abbey at night

Ignore the filter Mandy but everything else in that video is worth considering for a shot like this. Try and take this kind of thing while there is some light in the sky.

Its a little too dark for my taste.

I agree far too dark and the church is leaning to the right :shrug:
did you use a tripod?????

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
As above, very dark, can hardly make out anything at all.
Shooting in the blue hour will give you a bit more light, and adds more interest to the sky.
Secondly, Church of St. John the Baptist is in a terrible location, and is very hard to get a good composition. Might be worth heading out a bit into the country and shooting a smaller but more photogenic church. There are plenty around you.

Last edited:
As above, very dark, can hardly make out anything at all.
Shooting in the blue hour will give you a bit more light, and adds more interest to the sky.
Secondly, Church of St. John the Baptist is in a terrible location, and is very hard to get a good composition. Might be worth heading out a bit into the country and shooting a smaller but more photogenic church. There are plenty around you.

Well thanks all for your comments but I can't go traveling as I don't drive I have no form of transport at all. So I have to make do with cirencesters humble offerings.

Well thanks all for your comments but I can't go traveling as I don't drive I have no form of transport at all. So I have to make do with cirencesters humble offerings.

Ah I see, was just an assumption from the username. Try a different take on the church and get inside it. The features are stunning.

Ah I see, was just an assumption from the username. Try a different take on the church and get inside it. The features are stunning.

That's ok I will have another bike soon when I can afford one. And if I get my camera back from the repair shop I am rather looking forward to getting out and about with it and trying out some the settings I have picked up on from being on here.

I think I might of been the tripod :LOL:
try straightening and keystone thing mandy :)

Then you need to learn to stand up stright then :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Les :D

In Photoshop add a duplicate layer and use the Perspective tool

Back