"City Link" They get worse.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Had a large package to send so as the postmen were on strike took the parcel to City Links main depot in Leeds today.. So far so good.;)

Made out all the relevent details and ready to pay..:)

They only accept cheques now for payment.. No Cash.. No Credit cards.. Nothing but cheques..:bang:

To say I was angry was an understatement, What the hell is that all about, I thought cheques were being fazed out by most companies but a bundle of cash won't send your package now choose what..:bang:

Can anyone enlighten me why the old fashioned cheque is better than plastic or cash..:help:

And yes, My cheque book was at home..:(

And I'll bet they wouldn't take a cheque without plastic to back it up! :bang:

At least theres a chance of your parcel actually getting to its intended target in the next fortnight.

Your title would suggest that they (city link) have at one time been held in something other than loathing contempt by at least one of their customers.

If they were the ONLY courier service on the face of this rock, I'd still choose to carry the parcel on my back and crawl the entire length of the country to hand deliver it before I gave them anymore of my hard earned shut it you lot cash...or in this case cheque.

My daughter sent a parcel to Devon Via city link, it had a nice ride to Inverness, Back for a kip at the local depot then off West for a quick holiday, finally resting at its originol destination about a week late, thats pretty good for a company owned by RentoKil .............
( theres more but this is about parcels)
I bet they ( and others) Rue the day they bought in on-line-tracking:D No more poxy excuses you can actually see how they screwed up not what they want you to hear :D

I send between 10-20 packages per week with CityLink and have used them for over a year. I've had 3 parcels late delivered and 1 returned and the returned one was our fault!

Carl.

mattyh they can't, but they can refuse the business.

I hate City-Link with a passion, don't get me started on this! They decided not to deliver my new headphones yesterday, after I skived off work most of the day to make sure I was in to sign for the package :(

I actually complained about one of their drivers a while ago after he nearly ran me off the road. I turned round and chased him, got a few pics of his van. Wrote to City, without the pics and they denied that the vehicle reg didn't belong to them. I told them I had pics and complained to vosa :D

Call me petty, but I don't like liars :D

They stole my first parcel I was expecting then didn't arrive twice when they said they would with a second order. I have no faith in them at all.

I have stopped using suppliers who will only deliver with City Link - worst courier by miles.

We have city link deliver to my company every day.
So far we have had 3 deliveries on a before 10am turn up late afternoon (3pm & 2pm)
And thats this week!

I'm with digitalfailure on this one.

My neighbour works for them (dodgy to say the least) and is always bringing large boxes home late at night!!!!:thinking:

Spence

The local City Link depot is just around the corner from us so we're always first port of call in the morning - 7.50am like clockwork, so I can't complain.

They subcontract to another company up here, AJG Parcels, can't say they have ever given me any problems.

Back