Clarence Dock, Leeds

Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
Shot this morning at sunrise which was a quick five minutes and gone, so this was one of four I managed, hopefully next time the conditions will be better.
If you think you have seen this before, you have about five months ago but shot at dusk.
Yes its HDR need to pull all the light this morning as it was pretty grim.

Thanks for taking the time to view, Les F

MG_2523-4-5.jpg

Lovely shot, I like this a lot!! Great stuff (y)

I actually quite like that Les ... (y) ... a very striking shot with loads of detail and interest ... ;)

Just not sure about the starred light points as they do distract a little ... :shrug:

:p

I think this shot works well, the water draws my eye through the shot and there is plenty of detail with the buildings on either side. Lovely sky too.

That's an excellent shot, really like it. I lived there on and off for about 3 years and I can't believe how much it's changed (it's been about 3 years since I've been back)

I like the shot, the strong composition you've used and the light are both great but I don't think the HDR process has helped there at all.

For me at least, a shot like that should have dark and light areas. They add to the texture and feel of the image I'm looking at and this one has very little variation in tone. Which is great for showing all the detail you captured but I like atmosphere more sometimes. :)

I like this as well, but would like to see a non-HDR'd version because part of me agrees with Daz.......

Jonnyreb and Dazzaji would,nt disagree with you looking at the image a couple of days later, I will post a new version without HDR

Les F

DiddyDave, sorry I was just reposting another version of this and I did forget. I will look into coming check dates etc and come back to you. First thoughts are I would like to join you and meet a few people

Les F

just had a look at the non -HDR shot in your gallery, and it's a definite improvement on the above if you could pull a touch more shadow detail out, it would sing as it's a cracking composition.

The HDR shot looks like one of those 'artists impressions' of a place that town planners are always inordinately proud of.

So for me, the HDR tratment has robbed the image of it's soul, it needs the shadows, shades of texture and tone to bring it alive.

DiddyDave, sorry I was just reposting another version of this and I did forget. I will look into coming check dates etc and come back to you. First thoughts are I would like to join you and meet a few people

Les F

Hi Les

Just re-read my post and it looks a little curt - soz

Hope to see you there then

DD

Whats the details about the day Dave.

Les I take your point about HDR, comment appreciated

Back