Class 150's

Name
Nigel Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
I was hoping for something bit less common at a couple of local stations this morning but all you can do is photograph whats in front of you

4671920504_b00448b7bf_b.jpg

4671915642_a79bbaf6bb_b.jpg

4671294727_a52f661ecd_b.jpg

I was hoping for something bit less common at a couple of local stations this morning but all you can do is photograph whats in front of you

Yes - since so many trains now look just like buses on rails they have become a lot less photogenic.

I miss the BR Blue era!

If I had to pick which bus, oops sorry train in the above looks the best then No2 as the lighting is nice, and it's a fairly serene setting.

Familliarity breeds contempt they say. I was in Birmingham a few weeks ago and was quite happy to shoot a few 150s etc as we don't get anything like that down here, I guess you could head off to Stourbridge as that seemed to be a fairly photogenic location plus it has the added attraction of the Parry People Mover!

No detail in the sky, what did you take these with? Where did you expose from? As these are nothing but record shots IMHO.

Agreed but it does look like a very hard to expose for sky, i.e., a grey overcast day. Maybe half a stop overexposure on the sky...

It was a grey overcast day and in conditions like that I prefer to get the subject well exposed and live with a featureless sky,I agree that to some these are just record shots but whats wrong with a record shot,in addition unless you are at av station like St Pancrass or York that is a work of art in itself you are not going to get anything truly artistic at a modern concrete location like Cradeley

"Elements of a design that do not serve a function ought to be removed".
Not my opinion, but one held by many - including whomever designed these, I'd imagine.
Steam traction was the antithesis of this view, in the main. Outdated technology perhaps,, but surely aesthetically far easier on the eye.
Truly, wheeled shoe boxes. Decent colour scheme though, and nicely exposed.

"Elements of a design that do not serve a function ought to be removed".
Not my opinion, but one held by many - including whomever designed these, I'd imagine.
Steam traction was the antithesis of this view, in the main. Outdated technology perhaps,, but surely aesthetically far easier on the eye.
Truly, wheeled shoe boxes. Decent colour scheme though, and nicely exposed.

Interesting that you should say that because I passed a similar comment on a phhotograph from one of my Flickr contacts last night,however that was about a Class 158 a machine so ugly that it makes me look like Leonardo Di Caprio and my wife will tell you thats ugly

Back