Classi-Folk

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
two of our friends here in france are classic opera trained singers who do concerts but also Alex is a folk singer and they do gigs both here in France and back in the UK, I have done a few shoots for them and as others will know and say - you have virtually no control over the location / background / lighting / angles of access for shots, one 'tool' I have used is when the mood of the music they are performing allows i 'interpret' the shot to suit, so convert to B&W, then add a sepia tone and a fade out effect to lose the clashing colours and clutter that otherwise distracts the eye, If you provide your images to the artist you often get better access next time and in my case a cd and cd sleeve cover shot - its not my top subject matter but as they are friends i was happy to bend my skills their way - and it was fun.

Alex-B&W-fade.jpgJames-B&W-fade.jpg

They're really engaging! I do find the processing a bit intrusive & suspect they'd be even nicer more simply treated.
Thanks Simon, appreciated, I understand your point. Unfortunately the background was a real mess and impossible to work around in any meaningful way, I tried a few processes and found this to be the least 'distracting' one in regards to colours, cables mic stands, speakers etc - possibly not my best work, but it gave them a couple of images that they could use where the face is the dominant point of interest.

Back