Cleaning...

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I was out taking pictures with my new 55-250 IS lens and noticed what looks like a dust shadow on my pictures...

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2137113360&size=l

If you look midway in the sky over the left side you see a large splodge or shadow. I think I have dust on my mirror (Im hoping not the sensor!). Whats the safest and quickest way to deal with this??

It wont be on the mirror as it woudn't be in focus. It's going to be either on the focusing screen or the sensor - most likely the latter. It's nothing to worry about - dust on sensors is a fact of life and they need to be cleaned from time to time. There are many different techniques for cleaning - I'll find you a link. :)

It wont be on the mirror as it woudn't be in focus. It's going to be either on the focusing screen or the sensor - most likely the latter. It's nothing to worry about - dust on sensors is a fact of life and they need to be cleaned from time to time. There are many different techniques for cleaning - I'll find you a link. :)

Cheers CT any help appreciated..

Here you go...

CLICK

Have a good read before you decide which method you fancy.

It's best to ignore dust on the mirror, but whatever you do don't touch it directly with anything. These mirrors are surfaced on the front and you can easily mark them permanently. A fingerprint on the mirror is there for keeps!

nice one...think I will try the air blower first...least invasive..

Back