Beginner Clear outside App-Glencoe

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
I’d like to visit Glencoe sometime and I’m trying to get the hang of Clearoutside App. As an example looking at this week coming, Sunday Monday Tuesday, looks cloudy with chances and rain and fog. Can someone please look at the app for the coming 4 days and if this was you, would you say it was not worth going?
Just to reiterate, I’m not going next week, I’m just using it as an example. TIA.

Last edited:
I’d like to visit Glencoe sometime and I’m trying to get the hang of Clearoutside App. As an example looking at this week coming, Sunday Monday Tuesday, looks cloudy with chances and rain and fog. Can someone please look at the app for the coming 4 days and if this was you, would you say it was not worth going?
Just to reiterate, I’m not going next week, I’m just using it as an example. TIA.

I wouldn't go near the place with that prognosis. I hate rain and fog.

Also - use different forecasting services to get a fuller picture. I use Met Office, Meteoblu and Yr.no - do not rely on any one for your forecast - build up a full picture :D

Last edited:
An interesting app, installed to see how it goes. Though unlike almost every other app it has no settings!

Thanks for the heads up about it :)

PS I also recall there is the Photographers Ephemeris but that is "all about the light" and not about the weather.

As touched on, going or not really depends on what conditions you want to experience and what type of images you want....

I do use Clear Outside. I would say it's fairly good and fairly accurate from my experience. I do use it alongside Ventusky also which is web and app based.

As touched on, going or not really depends on what conditions you want to experience and what type of images you want....

I do use Clear Outside. I would say it's fairly good and fairly accurate from my experience. I do use it alongside Ventusky also which is web and app based.

Never heard of Ventusky so giving it a look-see.

My contribution to this is this rain radar website.......we have found it useful with planning the impact of impending rain :)

One thing that I have learnt from it was that 'rain cells' can develop rapidly that then add to what has already been shown!

Last edited:
Back