Cloggs

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi again.

I posted twice as I didnt want to get confused.

These cloggs are Uncle Rays too. I did say he hoarded things!

Having read on here that it is often best to light from above and slightly behind I thought I would light these that way. On the first images of the pair of shoes this seemed to give even light and I thought the outcome was ok.

When I shot the single shoe the front was duller "side nearest to camera" so I used a smaller softbox to the side and then a reflector to the right. To my eyes this looks ok and I got an image I like. What i'm wanting to know is wether I am correct and it does look ok.
Am I thinking correctly and going about things in the right way when I set these photos up ?

I have not edited these so you can see what I took and give advice.

Thanks
GazIMG_20190916_164428770.jpgcloggs (3).jpgcloggs (1).jpg

Last edited:
The softbox needs to be closer and it needs to point towards the camera too.
It would probably be much better with the reflector where the camera is / below it, not off to one side..

The softbox needs to be closer and it needs to point towards the camera too.
It would probably be much better with the reflector where the camera is / below it, not off to one side..
Hi Garry.
Thanks for the reply/help.

Please forgive me if I don't get this the first time.
Are you saying the Lenacarta box needs to be lower and pointing more forwards ? If so I would loose a lot of the background. ( I think )
I tried the reflector below the camera but there is very little height beween the table and camera to get enough light bounced back in.
If that makes any sense.
Or maybe there is and I just can't see the wood for the trees.

Gaz

Yes. As for the reflector, only a tiny bit of it needs to be doing something.

Back