Cloning

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All;

I have been using the clone brush in Photoshop CS2, to remove cables and telephone lines etc, but for some reason i seem to be struggling to use it with effectness. There always is evidence of the use of the clone.

Is ther another tool to removing unsightly cables etc.

Thanks

Try the healing brush tool. Both that and the cloning techniques take a bit of practice. There'll be tutorials on here or Google I'd imagine.

Thanks Brash, Good advise will try that one.

Thanks Gerods, Have played the the Opacity, setting it low then building up, still strugling..

Vary the opacity, brush size and the points you clone from, the healing brush often works better for small spot fixes.

Thanks Brash, Good advise will try that one.

Thanks Gerods, Have played the the Opacity, setting it low then building up, still strugling..

Post a pic with something you need taken out and I'll have a go.

Vary the opacity, brush size and the points you clone from, the healing brush often works better for small spot fixes.

Brush hardness is also crucial. I almost always have the hardness set to 0% which feathers the cloning to the max. You only really need to harden the brush when cloning near edges you want to leave intact.

Flashy

Mark, i have tried that, but trying it again it was obviously not enough. I think Flashmans imput seems to have found the answer..

Brash thanks, The healing tool works well on small areas, but not so much on telelphone lines, i need to get this solved by my mistakes for future reference..

Flashman, I think you may well have got it, i had the hardness way to high.It does work better now.

Thanks to all for your tips, i beleive i might well have got it right now..

You really need to play around with the settings but as Flashman has stated the Hardness option is probably the most useful.

The following was done using just the clone stamp tool and was an interesting if time consuming project! :LOL:

Harolds-Pk-Farm-170607196.jpg
Harolds-Pk-Farm-170607196v2.jpg

Easiest method for cables etc. is to clone out small parts from each end then use the patch tool to get rid of the rest. Works pretty well.

Back