Close up filters

These filters seem to have worked pretty well! Numbers 1 & 3 are the best, in my opinion because of the superior composition.

The only thing I noticed (which seems a little strange) is the amount of banding in the bokeh. I wonder if the cheap filters introduced this? Or if it appeared in the resizing/compression?

Interesting post either way!

These filters seem to have worked pretty well! Numbers 1 & 3 are the best, in my opinion because of the superior composition.

The only thing I noticed (which seems a little strange) is the amount of banding in the bokeh. I wonder if the cheap filters introduced this? Or if it appeared in the resizing/compression?

Interesting post either way!

Thank you , the banding was caused by the compression i think, it's defo not caused by the filters.

Apart from the blue, yellow fringing which is most apparent in no 3, they're pretty nice shots.
This is due to the lens`s not having any kind of coating.
If you search google there`s loads of photshop tutorials on how to remove them.

I've got some of those, but have never used them. I tend to use my Sigma 70mm macro.

Very nice pictures. Can I ask what lens you had them fitted to?

Gordon

Sorry, I've just noticed what camera you have. Silly me, its a bridge. They tend to have super macro settings built in. Did this screw in macro allow you to keep further away from the subject?

Sorry, I've just noticed what camera you have. Silly me, its a bridge. They tend to have super macro settings built in. Did this screw in macro allow you to keep further away from the subject?

:) I bought this camera second hand and the macro button doesnt work. i believe the filters do allow you to work at further distances than the macro settings. I normally use a raynox super macro lens.

Back