Close up filters?

Name
Jamie unwin
Edit My Images
No
Hi
I was wondering whether anyone new about these close up filters which you can buy so that you can get closer to your subject. does anyone no whether they are any good?

It depends which ones you are looking at

There are cheap ones...£10 for a set of 4 diopters from Ebay sellers...you'll be disappointed.
A set of 4 Hoya diopters for £40.....a little better and good for experimenting.
A Raynox DC-250......£35 and excellent
A Canon 250D or 500D....£55-80 (size dependant) also excellent.

Bob

Hi Photoman, these shots were taken with some on a 50mm 1.8. Not exactly the mutts nuts but it will give you an insight into macro and an understanding of how critical depth of field is, also an admiration to all the guys who do Macro on a serious level. yep i have had fun with them, and as they were thrown in for free when I bought a battery grip from a guy in China, I thought why not try em out.

Alien
IMG_6225800x702.jpg

Humpty Dumpty
IMG_6218800x630.jpg

Fly
IMG_6208800x591.jpg

They are useful it certain situations. I have one and have used it to good effect in the past. There are at least 3 cheap alternatives to a macro lens but they all have advantages and disadvantages (tubes, reversing rings and 'macro filters').

so if i was to buy any macro additions for my lens what would you recomend? I have a sigma 70-300mm apo macro I now it is a macro but it doesn't let me make the subject bigger enough.

Close up filters I had for my Nikon 18-70mm lens and they worked ok, but not with my 70-300mm lens. In other words you need to make sure that they will work with whatever lens you intend to use them for.

Realspeed

so if i was to buy any macro additions for my lens what would you recomend? I have a sigma 70-300mm apo macro I now it is a macro but it doesn't let me make the subject bigger enough.

I have an OM mount Sigma 80-200 macro, and did some tests. I couldn't get it to produce a better image scale than my 55-250 at minimum focus and asked on here. The Macro designation on these lenses means they are able to focus far closer than normal, but don't give you a full macro image scale.

Back