Close Up Fleurs and Bugs!

Edit My Images
Yes
I don't have a macro lens (yet) but I love to shoot flowers and bugs

DSC09151.JPG

DSC09146.JPG

damselfly

P1010168.JPG

Hi, good photo but that's not a damsel fly I'm afraid, it's a dragonfly. You can tell the difference quite easily. When a dragonfly lands it keeps its wings out horizontally a damselfly folds them back along its body as shown below. You can see how the dragonflies wings are attached to the top of the thorax a little like the rotor blades on a helicopter while those on the damselfly are at the rear of the thorax a little more like a pusher propeller.

d2pm2.jpg

Hi, good photo but that's not a damsel fly I'm afraid, it's a dragonfly. You can tell the difference quite easily. When a dragonfly lands it keeps its wings out horizontally a damselfly folds them back along its body as shown below. You can see how the dragonflies wings are attached to the top of the thorax a little like the rotor blades on a helicopter while those on the damselfly are at the rear of the thorax a little more like a pusher propeller.

Thanks Chris

I really shoulda known that :bonk:

DSC00158.JPG

I do like the Lady Birds. Where were these pics taken, they're more exotic than the normal UK stuff.

Back