close up lens question

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
OK bit off the wall
I was thinking of adding a closeup filter the the front of my Panasonic HCX1500 camcorder which has a 62mm thread I could attached to. Nowhere on the internet can I find if it is possible or even tried. Crazy idea yes but just thinking of videoing small insects. if anyone can come up with any thoughts then thank you in advance

Last edited:
Why not simply try it and see if it works

Coho-Blue
Thank you for getting back to me

Before spending any money albeit a small amount (er who must be obeyed don't like me spending money) thought I would ask first. Maybe it even start a new version of video recording????
Just gone ahead and bought a very cheap set of 4 filters mainly to see if it works. do't want to spend a load of cash on what may be a failed idea

Last edited:
Ooh! I'm going to follow this with interest as a macro lens for my Canon XA40 is available for less than £70. I have been thinking of giving it a go.
second thoughts not a lens but filters ,this is because I have tried macro lenses before and the edge of the macro lens is in the shot. Most, and the one I had, the distance from the camcorder lens to the macro lens was too far away. Another issue is further away lens is the more risk of it showing up in the video. I already have for mine a couple of filterfs

Neil for your camera on Amazon filter for your camcorder for £18 if you want to try for yourself

JJC 58mm Close-Up Filter Kit Macro Lens Filter (+2,+4,+8,+10) 4 Pieces/Set with Lens Filter Pouch

Hopefully with the closeup filters the cmcorder won't have to be right on top of the subject as of present but further away. At least the expereiment if fails won't cost too much

I use close up filters quite a bit. I hope you like them and have success with them. The No.4 is my most used one.

Last edited:
I have not tried with a camcorder so should be an interesting experiment

I don't see why it should be any different to using them on a zoom lens... which I have done... but you'll just have to wait and see :D

OK bit off the wall
I was thinking of adding a closeup filter the the front of my Panasonic HCX1500 camcorder which has a 62mm thread I could attached to. Nowhere on the internet can I find if it is possible or even tried. Crazy idea yes but just thinking of videoing small insects. if anyone can come up with any thoughts then thank you in advance

How did you get on with this?

How did you get on with this?

These I got for a camcorder 62mm thread
OK I suppose but not worth considering unless the need to video closeup, something like wrist watch movements etc. My set of 4 only cost £15 so no big loss, .you would be silly paying a lot of money for them or even a cheap set like mine which I have not used more than onece as a tryout. What I did notice is one has to be very very careful not to over tighten the threads being fine may lock up, so I never did these lenses more than just put them on with a couple of turns. For a still shoot a macro lens would be a better option I would have thought. I have a Nikon 50mm 1:1:4G which I found just as good

Back