Closest globulars springtails yet 9-11x aprox

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

These are between 9 and 11 times lifesize aprox, still trying to sort out getting the light into the shot and it takes ages to try and find the subject as focal distance is around 10-15mm at most

The 11x is a bit soft due to having had to up the exposure in software to lighten it somewhat plus I couldn't see that well after finally finding it to photograph. :D

Size of critter. The dot is the critter, about 1mm ish shown against a CF card.
4171789762_92f07f0885_o.jpg

4171033213_f8451ed13e_o.jpg

4171033335_82e8bdb042_o.jpg

4171790218_6f976a8dde_o.jpg

4171790356_0be978e73c_o.jpg

4171790476_96a2b51654_o.jpg

Amazing, not a lot else to say.

Fantastic!! The last one stands out the most to me, but all very well done :D

amazing photos, what a cracking looking wee camoflage bug.

Right .......... lets start at the beginning ,............. I can see the CF card ......now where should I be looking ....... :clap: ......

Think you have surpassed youself this time Alby, dread to think whats next on the horizon.

I take my metaphorical hat off to you sir.

Dave ....

Thanks everybody, I much appreciate you taking time to comment ;)

No wonder i can't find any to photograph - must wear glasses next time I'm looking - Great shots Alby

Fantastic stuff Alby you set the bar very high for us mere mortals :)

Your photo's never fail to amaze me! you must have the patience of a saint.

:notworthy::notworthy: :clap::clap: Good grief.... Stunning... Alby.

one question, when does Macro become Microscopy ?

And how on earth did you get up to 11x ?

Thanks All, I achieved 11.1X using a 1.4 teleconverter, the mp-e65 at 5x and the Raynox msn202 on the front. To measured I got to this magnification by taking a shot of a tape and seeing how much I could fit into the frame which was 2mm:
4169891446_a65bfe0fcd.jpg

I then divided it by the width of the sensor: 22.2/2 =11.1

The equipment.
4169786632_71db799701_o.jpg

Impressive magnification Alby, and also nicely focused. Quite a pretty little critter too!

Stunning as usual. Every time I come into the section of the forum, your photos are the ones I search for first (y). A serious question, have you ever submitted any images to ones of the nature magazines (or photoraphy ones)?

Hopefully during the xmas break i'll have some time to pursue this macro thing a bit more.

Last edited:
this must be beyond macro level!! amazing shots mate!

Is there another level beyond macro but doesn't use a microscope? There should definately be a word for that if there isn't!

These are fantastic - I particularly like the last one :clap::clap:

Thanks folks for taking time to comment ;)
I like to think macro is everything from 1:1 to anything you can get without using a microscope.
Jim I don't normally but I have thought about sending in a few although I did get a cover for the The British Journal of Entomology and Natural History this year :D

Thanks folks for taking time to comment ;)
I like to think macro is everything from 1:1 to anything you can get without using a microscope.
Jim I don't normally but I have thought about sending in a few although I did get a cover for the The British Journal of Entomology and Natural History this year :D

Congratulations - well deserved I'd say!

You should definately submit more of your work, it really is outstanding (y)

Back