Cloth & spirit level

Edit My Images
No
Two things:

1) Where can I get a good cloth for cleaning lenses? Are there even different grades of cloth? I know it's a small thing but my common sense tells me not to go to Jessops so I thought I'd ask here. Been using my sunglasses cloth for far too long now. Also, while we're on the subject, should you breathe on a lens before wiping it or might that damage it?

2) In the EOS beginners article milou posted (links forum) I saw mention of a hot-shoe mounted spirit level. It sounds like something that could potentially be very cheap and very helpful. Anyone use them or got links to where I might find one?

Cheers.

Edit - also, are there many places that rent photographic stuff? I'm tempted to rent some L glass just to get a feel for it. Roughly how much am I looking at to rent, say, an EF 16-35 f/2.8L for one day (pickup in the morning, return in the evening)?

Edit 2 - never mind. Just booked a lens from these guys. Special weekend rate of £25 for the 16-35 f/2.8L. Oh yes.
http://www.fixationuk.com/rental.htm

Hi fingerz -

1 I use a microweave cloth that I get from my opticians - excellent stuff. I do use lens cleaning solution if I'm spending time doing everything but for a quick once over I just breathe on them.

2 This must be what you mean. Looks a bit space age :) They are on sale on Ebay . HTH.

regards

I bought the hotshoe spirit level to go with my spinkee tripod - tis very useful. Bought from Jacobs on New Oxford Street. As for lens cleaning, I use an anti-static specs cloth do-dah.

I've said in another thread. I use :

Optiwisch Microfasertucher, 2 of, hand imported from Germany.

i use an antistatic microfibre cloth that cost a couple of quid from most supermarkets and it's blue:)

Back