Coal tit - Picture added, which do you prefer?

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
A pic from a few hours on Cannock Chase yesterday. A Coal tit, not an unusual bird, but one I like to see and photograph, when they stay still long enough that is :)

5436839527_58290a1011_b.jpg

A variation on the picture, which back ground do you feel is easier on the eye
5439692294_7332e9310a_b.jpg

Thanks for looking
C & C Welcome

Last edited:
Plucky wee things. I like them too.
Thanks Charlie, you have good choice :)
a very nice shot...mark
Cheers Mark (y)
Beautiful shot but looks a little dark on my monitor.

Dai
Thank you David. The bird looks ok on my monitor, however, the BG is a bit oppresive I think, so I can see what your saying.
I have added an edit with a different BG, something I dont normally do as I like to keep the picture as original as possible.
I would be interested to know if this looks better or even lighter, there has been no changes to the bird. Having said all that I am not planning to change all my backgrounds, this is only an excercise.

Agree No.1
Thanks for your thoughts
I prefer the original BG, it looks more natural.
I have made a simple Shadow\Highlights 35% in Photoshop. What does it look like on your monitor. Just let me know if you want me to remove it.
Thank you for the edit David and please dont remove it. My preference is the original BG, the second one was an excercise for opinions, plus I dont like making major changes to the original scene.
I do like your edit, it seems to have lost just a tad of detail in the whites but that could still be brought back, overall it is an improvement. I did lighten it when I converted it from RAW, then changed it again with the levels to an image I prefered. Looking now it wasnt the right adjustment to make. Thanks again (y)

Lovely catch Trev. Looking at the overall quality of the original, I would say that it was one of those shots that you can just about manage to get a half decent capture of due to the light :shrug: Either that or maybe it was just slightly underexposed :shrug: To me it was looking slightly noisy which you can tell by the detail in the dark part of the head. Well as you once said to me "Here is my tuppance worth ;) " not sure what it will look like to you with your eyes :naughty:

Trev_2filtered.jpg

Last edited:
From the two choices - I prefer the colour of the first as the background colour in the second doesn't look as natural.

No 1 for me Trev also. The background is more natural and your attention is drawn to the bird. A cracking shot all the same.
Regards
Paul.

Lovely catch Trev. Looking at the overall quality of the original, I would say that it was one of those shots that you can just about manage to get a half decent capture of due to the light :shrug: Either that or maybe it was just slightly underexposed :shrug: To me it was looking slightly noisy which you can tell by the detail in the dark part of the head. Well as you once said to me "Here is my tuppance worth ;) " not sure what it will look like to you with your eyes :naughty:
I like the edit Rich, the white detail looks a tad over sharp to me but then we are really nit picking now I feel. Your right about the light, this was taken with the lens wide open at f/5.6, 1600ISO and I could only get 1/400 then at 400mm, so yes, it wasnt the best light. Thanks very much for taking the time to do the edit (y)
Rich's 2P takes it. Nice original tho. (y)

nice one trev , like no 1 for me
all the best
mick

The frist one for me Trev (y),

regards,
john.

No 1 for me Trev.but Rich has done a nice job,thank you

From the two choices - I prefer the colour of the first as the background colour in the second doesn't look as natural.

No 1 for me Trev also. The background is more natural and your attention is drawn to the bird. A cracking shot all the same.
Regards
Paul.
Thank to you all for your input, it really is appreciated. Number 1 has taken it, and yet I wasnt happy with it for some reason, mind you, its growing on me now :). Definitely a Specsavers moment for me :cool:
Cheers guys (y)

Back