coal tit

Name
scott
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all, hope you like.
SJB11664.jpg

Distracting background bokeh and blown below eye?

Distracting background bokeh and blown below eye?

About as subtle as a sledgehammer as far as C&C goes (y)
Hi Scott and welcome to TP. You have captured the bird well and it is sharp enough. Yes the white patch is slightly blown but they are buggers to get right ;) I personally tend to under expose slightly for those as it is easier to pull it back in processing. At 500mm I would have been tempted to have used the widest f/stop just to give yourself a more bokeh, but hey that is still a fine capture all the same and you should be pleased with it :D

About as subtle as a sledgehammer as far as C&C goes (y)
Hi Scott and welcome to TP. You have captured the bird well and it is sharp enough. Yes the white patch is slightly blown but they are buggers to get right ;) I personally tend to under expose slightly for those as it is easier to pull it back in processing. At 500mm I would have been tempted to have used the widest f/stop just to give yourself a more bokeh, but hey that is still a fine capture all the same and you should be pleased with it :D

I agree with what he said. That disnae happen often either.:LOL:

Hi Scott,

This is a great effort, I think if the background was slightly les distracting it would be perfect, the perch is very interesting and I don't think the blown bit below its eye is too much to worry about.

Dean

I actually quite like the contrast of the green background. Could always push a bit further with a bit of lens blur in PS?

It's also darn sight sharper than anything I've managed to shoot with my siggy 150-500! But I've only used it a couple of times and still trying to get to grips with it.

Barney

I actually quite like the contrast of the green background. Could always push a bit further with a bit of lens blur in PS?

It's also darn sight sharper than anything I've managed to shoot with my siggy 150-500! But I've only used it a couple of times and still trying to get to grips with it.

Barney
thanks barny i will have a go at it, also the 150-500mm needs lots of good light dont expect wonders with it untill the sun comes out, i prefere the 170-500mm it alot sharper at f6.3.

thanks barny i will have a go at it, also the 150-500mm needs lots of good light dont expect wonders with it untill the sun comes out, i prefere the 170-500mm it alot sharper at f6.3.

Figured as much. Had a play last weekend but the light in the garden this time of year is so harsh I didn't get great results.

Roll on the spring!

Barney

Figured as much. Had a play last weekend but the light in the garden this time of year is so harsh I didn't get great results.

Roll on the spring!

Barney
also in needs to be stopped down to f8 min but f10 is the sweet spot. i have had 3x 150-500mm and 3x 170-500mm and the 170-500mm is alot better for this time of year,

I like it, almost 3D :)

Back