Coal Tit

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
There are plenty of these little chaps around where I took the Marsh Tit and seemed to spend a lot of time on the ground which is behaviour I dont see often in the garden due to cats perhaps?
John

IMG_6248pspf1.jpg

Very cute little birds, we don't get them here, so nice to see! I like the setting too, might be a bit cluttered for some but the colours are complimentary so it works for me (y)

Tara

The 'perch' and background is a bit cluttered John and the right hand post is a bit distracting but a very good capture of the bird none the less :clap:

You could be right about the cats John, I've seen them often on the ground in other cat free places.

They bury the seeds they've found for use at a later date, they often forget where they burried them though, and other birds will watch them and go and dig them up when they've gone :)

Shots a bit cluttered but the birds spot on :)

Very cute little birds, we don't get them here, so nice to see! I like the setting too, might be a bit cluttered for some but the colours are complimentary so it works for me (y)

Tara

Thanks Tara, but I dare say the lack of these is amply substituted with other birds of character where you are ?

Excellent shot

Cheers Ken

The 'perch' and background is a bit cluttered John and the right hand post is a bit distracting but a very good capture of the bird none the less :clap:

Thanks Roy and I agree with you and everyone about the clutter but unfortunately it was one of those days where you had to take every opportunity that arose when the light improved sporadically.

You could be right about the cats John, I've seen them often on the ground in other cat free places.

They bury the seeds they've found for use at a later date, they often forget where they burried them though, and other birds will watch them and go and dig them up when they've gone :)

Shots a bit cluttered but the birds spot on :)

Thanks Anthony and I have learnt something again as I didn't know they buried the seed though that might explain and have helped toward the lovely crop of sunflowers I had last year :)

Thanks again all - John

Nice shot John, I don't mind the background but I think it would be better without the post.

Regards: Gordon

Nice shot John, I don't mind the background but I think it would be better without the post.

Regards: Gordon

Thanks Gordon.
I was a bit concerned of getting the subject too central if I lost the post and which was the lesser of the two evils whilst trying to obey all the rules and looking again I could have done with feathering some of the edges a bit more?
John

Back