B&W Coastal Selfie!

Nice idea Neil, think the blacks need to be lifted a little particularly on your back.

The mood of the photo really suits and makes you think. :D

Hi Neil

Was it raining? I ask because I'm not entirely sure about the round patches in the sky, which do look like rain spots.

That's a great shot Neil, nice lighting, and well composed.(y)

George.

Last edited:
I like the rain spots too, it adds a nice touch to a decent image.

I'm not a fan of selfies and detest how they seem to make folks have themselves look like complete t***s half the time (stupid faces etc etc). This however is a different kettle of fish. A very contemplative, reflective, melancholy and emotion evoking picture indeed. Just everything about it works for me.

I like it Neil

The exposure is fine for me.

With you sat over to the left with your arm out I see an image that could depict the loss of somebody.

Without the rain spots it's not obvious it's raining so the inclusion of them helps as it shows somebody sat reflecting on something regardless of the elements.

I'm not a fan of selfies and detest how they seem to make folks have themselves look like complete t***s half the time (stupid faces etc etc). This however is a different kettle of fish. A very contemplative, reflective, melancholy and emotion evoking picture indeed. Just everything about it works for me.

Many Thanks Brash! I completely agree about selfies and hate having my own picture taken, but I was glad I decided to do this shot.

I like it Neil

The exposure is fine for me.

With you sat over to the left with your arm out I see an image that could depict the loss of somebody.

Without the rain spots it's not obvious it's raining so the inclusion of them helps as it shows somebody sat reflecting on something regardless of the elements.

Thanks Phil, I think the photo certainly gets you thinking.

Thanks for all the comments

I like the picture Neil, but I'm not sure if the rain spots work or not?

Geoff

Back