No
Week 0

This guys is quite famous in my area.
Processed in keeping with the era.

A statue of Alan Turing

My town Alan-T-week-0.jpg

Last edited:
Week 3
A Stark reminder of the things people do ....
(Archive from The National Memorial Arboretum)

Shot at Dawn

306 British and Commonwealth soldiers who were shot for desertion or cowardice during World War I. Most were sentenced after a short trial at which no real opportunity for defence was allowed. Today it's recognised that many of them were underage and suffering from shell-shock. Andy Decomyn's statue is modelled on Private Herbert Burden, of the 1st Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers, who was shot at Ypres in 1915 aged 17. In 2006 a posthumous pardon was granted.

week-3-stark-(-reminder-).jpg

Week 5
Wolverines can be traced back to the "Pleistocene"
often colloquially referred to as the Ice Age

129A3683a.jpg

Last edited:
Week 6
Oh yeah, Sharp
How about a sharp image between a soft fore and back ground ...
Oh yeah I suppose those teeth are sharp too :D

Week-6-Sharp.jpg

Last edited:
This is called "mantling" a really bad habit for falconry birds to get into.
This Gos hawk belongs to a friend, and has serious "Issues" (No, the bird, not the friend ... Oh wait ... as you were ;) )
That's what happens when you try and imprint a BoP and don't know what you are doing ;)
I've taken it for awhile to try and straighten it out at the Cobra boot camp for raptors :D

The aggression is slowly diminishing, but the food imprint screaming is taking awhile longer ...

Back to the theme, Mantling or guarding, is a trait of BoP's to protect / camouflage a kill from aerial predators.

( there are 3 chicks under there)

week-7-guarding.jpg

Oh look a gob shot :D

week7-guarding.jpg

Last edited:
Week 8 Thick skinned
A White ( or to give it its proper name Wide, due to the shape of its mouth) Rhinoceros.

Week-8-thick-(-skinned).jpg

So here we have it, week 9 Abundance, yes, it would have been far too easy to get a shot of some poor animal in the abundance of snow for this weeks theme.

I'm proud of this one, it has to be the biggest shoe-horn, and biggest pun combined to date ....

Did you get it?
Its (a) Rock & (a) Roll, that makes it a-bun-dance .. :coat:
Yeah ok sorry I'll stick to the animal shots in future ...

week-9-a-bun-dance.jpg

Week 10 Heavy
This Pere x prairie has been put down to moult, that it you increase the amount and quality of food, the idea being that the new feathers come through quicker.
That obviously increase the birds weight.
Does that make it a "Falcon Heavy?" ( sorry Elon Musk :coat: )

P_P1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back