Cokin Filter Experiences

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys - I've been fed up with blown skies, and being a muppet with post pro just bought a cokin P set up with a graduated ND4 filter. Before i go running out and playing does anyone have any do's and don't tips, or just general advice / experience to pass on?

Many thanks

Jon

If doing sunsets or sunrises, make sure that the filters are completely clean otherwise you might find that beautiful sunset/sunrise has a great big splodge in the way..

As it is something in front of the main lens, just make sure everything is spotlessly clean.

Thanks DA - any thoughts on storage - I'm now tempted to find a sturdy container so's i wont be paranoid when humping kit around........

The plastic cases they come in are pretty sturday enough. Additionally that would be stored in a hard plastic "Tupperware" pot if necessary but I dont think necessary tbh.

You can get filter wallets, just like cd wallets but erm smaller :)

The cokin boxes will stand up to all sorts of punishment in the camera bag, car boot, side of a lake etc.

What I know that they don't like is being dropped onto a hard surface from an open camera bag on your shoulder, as they will come apart and spray your filters everywhere. :bonk:

cool - thanks guys - think i can give the spending a rest (for a while ;) )

Jon

Back