Collapsible backgrounds...

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Are they any good?
What do you use?
I've got full size background equipment etc but sometimes it's a pita to set it all up for a few quick shots of the grandkids.
I've got a Lencarta atom 180 that I use sometimes with a softbox/brolly and its portable and quick to set up, so looking for a background that's portable and quick to set up.
Thinking something like this....
https://www.interfitphoto.co.uk/acc...ible-muslin-background-white-bricks-grey-p182
Cheers :)

Last edited:
I have an old Lastolite one; it’s great to use, but is now so out of fashion, it’s not been used for years.

So my only concern would be whether you get VFM from it. It might be on trend now but what will it look like in 5 years.

I have an old Lastolite one; it’s great to use, but is now so out of fashion, it’s not been used for years.

So my only concern would be whether you get VFM from it. It might be on trend now but what will it look like in 5 years.
I did think about that tbh.
What's on yours?
I might just get a plain one. White on one side black/grey on the other.

Ours is a standard blue ‘cloud’ effect, as per 90’s school photo. I have considered re - covering it

You can now get them in a wide range of different colours and different finishes. They're big business, they sell like hot cakes and, potentially at least, they're useful.

Bear in mind though that they are usually very small, and perhaps better suited for the size of the average person in China, where they are made, than in this country. They tend to be fine if used outdoors in overcast lighting conditions, or with very flat lighting indoors, but if the lighting is harder then you will need to light the background separately, which means moving the subject a good distance away from it and of course the perspective distortion will, in effect, make the background even smaller.

Back