colour cast in print preview

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
been at this all day and its frying my head. :bang: :bonk: :bang: :bonk:
just got a colour munki
done the monitor and profiled cosco paper and also did the Epson paper as well
now the problem is when i go to print and set it all up. the print preview is showing a image that is nothing like the one on screen and as a rather greenish cast and is nothing like it should be
after lots of reading and experimenting i just tried a print through windows viewer and it almost matched to the screen image
i thought viewer was not colour managed.
so whats going wrong

print preview does not show you what the print will be like.

So what is it for then?
I thought it was colour managed in cs5
It changes depended on which paper profile I select
So it's obviously doing something
I've found lots of similar posts regarding this cast problem.
But yet to solve it

Mark

Do you get a reasonable match when you print the image?

Alternatively ignore the preview window, and try soft proofing the image and see what result you get.

If you've not soft proofed before,, with the image in Photoshop, go to View and select Proof Set Up. Select Custom and choose the profile you have made. This will show you what the image should look like when printed.

you're seeing whats sent to the printer - so you can see that the profile has been applied at that point - so can opt to apply the profile at different points in the workflow.... and also, most importrantly, you've set the print in the correct size, rotation etc - imagine printing to a 20x30 bit of paper with a 6"x4" image in the middle of it... (I don't have to imaging that..!)

Back