Colour casts

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just got back my first roll of 220 from Peak Imaging and it's not exactly what you'd call a success (apart from the service, 1st class as usual). I've only scanned a couple of strips so far and everything has a blue colour cast regardless of the lightsource used, indoors, outdoors or flash.

Now the film is out of date, got it from ebay in a rush as not many places do 220 these days. Is that the likely source of the problem or could it be something else?

Cheers,
Kev

Any chance of sticking up an example Kev? Could be anything including a scanner setting I suppose. It may be correctable in processing. I've used film years out of date that's been fine, although I couldn't rule that out obviously.

I hope that isn't tungsten film you've been given Kev. That would produce a blue cast outside or with flash, although it should be OK under tungsten light.

Out of date film can have this problem. I know some old Fuji Velvia I had once produced a purple cast.

I'll try and put something up tonight. I sort of removed the cast in lightroom but being a scan there's no preset WB options you have to use the colour picker or do it manually. Pretty sure it isn't tungsten but again I'll check the fridge tonight.

Cheers,
Kev

I'm pretty sure its daylight film having looked at the box although there's something wierd inside it. There's a table with colour temp on one side and ISO on the other. No explanations but I'm wondering if it means that if you expose or develop for a certain ISO that the film can be used for different colour temps. I'll scan it at the weekend and upload a photo. Unfortunately I haven't the time to do it between now and then.

Cheers for your help so far and I'll get back to you at the weekend.

Kev

I'm pretty sure its daylight film having looked at the box although there's something wierd inside it. There's a table with colour temp on one side and ISO on the other. No explanations but I'm wondering if it means that if you expose or develop for a certain ISO that the film can be used for different colour temps. I'll scan it at the weekend and upload a photo. Unfortunately I haven't the time to do it between now and then.

Cheers for your help so far and I'll get back to you at the weekend.

Kev

Back