Colour in B&W!

Name
Carly
Edit My Images
Yes
I use Lightroom, and was just wondering, how do I make a shot B&W but have one thing in the shot in colour? I would love to know how to do this. Any help would be very helpful! Thank you!

I don't think you can do that in lightroom.

He's right I'm afraid, you can't. :(

You need Photoshop or one of the many other image editing programs. One simple way, in brief... Use the most appropriate of the many selection tools to select the part of the image you want to have in colour, apply a light feather to the selection as appropriate, invert the selection to select everything else instead, then convert the inverted selection to B&W, season to taste and serve.

It can be done, but not as effectively in LR. If you have an image that has only one blue thing in it, you could desaturate all the other colors. This does have an effect on the actual blue too though, so yeah, use Photoshop. :D

Thank you! I have been told that there is a setting you can change on the camera before you take the picture "colour select" but i cannot find it anywhere, is this true? and if so where would it be? I have a Nikon D60!

It can be done if you have Lightroom 2, use the adjustment brush in the devlop screen select saturation -100 and paint around the area you want to keep.

Not as good as PS but doable (is that a word - probably not, but who cares)

It can be done if you have Lightroom 2, use the adjustment brush in the devlop screen select saturation -100 and paint around the area you want to keep.

Not as good as PS but doable (is that a word - probably not, but who cares)

Haha, thank you for that! (y)

Back