Colour Management and Printing

Edit My Images
No
Now I've got my monitor calibrated etc and my shots look fine in Photoshop, I've decided to try and print one or two from my latest shoot to see how they come out.

I've downloaded some ICC profiles from the Epson website for my Epson R800. There are three, each for different paper types.

Question is where do I apply these? ...do I select them in the advanced section of the printer driver settings?

Depends what you are printing from. I have an R800 and turn off colour management in the printer driver and use the profile for the correct paper type within Photoshop.

Paul

Depends what you are printing from. I have an R800 and turn off colour management in the printer driver and use the profile for the correct paper type within Photoshop.

Paul

I'd likely be printing from Photoshop.

So basically I turn off colour management in the printer driver, and apply the correct epson icc file to the image in photoshop then print?

In windows you can use the Color Management application to install profiles for printers and then select it as a drop down in the print option on PS.

Back