colour management

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
ok. i know this as been asked thousands of times. i have also asked this as well
but here it is again
looking for a profiler
was going to do monitor only but now thinking of doing printer as well
colour munki was one i was thinking of. the black photo one is now £295 but i also noticed that they now do a monitor device on its own (think its new)
is the printer/monitor one a good buy
also what are best settings for cs5 and epson printer. i currently use the printer selects colour in cs5

if you are using papers that have ICC profiles then there is really no need to spend more and get a paper profiler as well. If like me you use a CIS then you have to get a profile for each paper you use or if you like a particular paper that has no generic ICC profile.

buy online its generally cheaper.

i do use a ciss and it works very well
at the moment im using cosco kirkland paper that just says use epson settings
but i also use a variety of gloss and semi gloss
besides the spyder 3 elite is there any other that may be worth it
there are that many it gets confusing reading what they do and dont do
with regards to printer anything in particular needs special set up

the spyder print studio is good

I also use the kirkland gloss with the photospeed CIS attached to my R2400.

if you have few papers you might want to get the whole screen and printer kit.

the spyder print studio is good

I also use the kirkland gloss with the photospeed CIS attached to my R2400.

if you have few papers you might want to get the whole screen and printer kit.

so back to munki
the photo one is currently at £295
good buy or not
i dont want to go daft as im not selling prints , but still want nice hangable ones

have fun lol

its pretty fool proof - the spyder system takes you through it step by step so even the most stupid of us could do it lol

have fun lol

its pretty fool proof - the spyder system takes you through it step by step so even the most stupid of us could do it lol

Now he tells me LOL
I'll be pestering you if I get stuck

whilst im waiting for the profiler to come
is there a particular way i should set up photoshop/ lightroom
and how should printer be set up as well.

You can download printing guides along with specific paper profiles from Harman. Other suppliers provide a similar service. I've also found the Permajet profiles to be very accurate with my Canon Pro 9500 MkII. They too also supply recommended settings for your printer.

Go to their respective websites and download them. You may have to register but it only takes a few minutes.

right in the end i got the colour munki photo
long story but sort of got let down with spyder studio and would have had to pay around £30 more to get from other sources
anyway just done monitor profile and profile for cosco paper and what a difference.
so now i need to know if im set up properly through out my workflow
using this for cs5
http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps12_colour/ps12_1.htm
i think i done it correct
next need to know how to set up printer
when i click print in cs5 i get a box up that alows me to select the profile i created for printer
but in the actual printer driver boxes i still only see the epson standard profiles
i select premium glossy as thats what i used to create the profile when i printed the colour charts
confused, join the club
any tips please

You won't see profiles in the printer dialogue box. This simply selects the type of paper used, and controls the ink lay down for different types of paper. So if you used the glossy paper setting for the paper you used to produce the profile then that's the one to use with your newly profiled paper

I'd have spent the extra £30 lol

right in the end i got the colour munki photo
long story but sort of got let down with spyder studio and would have had to pay around £30 more to get from other sources
anyway just done monitor profile and profile for cosco paper and what a difference.
so now i need to know if im set up properly through out my workflow
using this for cs5
http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps12_colour/ps12_1.htm
i think i done it correct
next need to know how to set up printer
when i click print in cs5 i get a box up that alows me to select the profile i created for printer
but in the actual printer driver boxes i still only see the epson standard profiles
i select premium glossy as thats what i used to create the profile when i printed the colour charts
confused, join the club
any tips please

Poah
If just calibrating a screen, would you buy the spyder 3 express, or stick with the elite version. I use a lab for prints.

Back