Colour Run - water proof bag?

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone recommend a water proof bag that doesn't cost a lot for a colour run shoot?

Would you go anywhere near a colour run with 400mm, without protection?

I've got a Sony A1 to put in it, I could use a prime if zooming's a problem - size wise or just being unable to zoom.

The pictures I have seen of a colour run do not encourage me to put my camera gear anywhere near it!

Having said that an OpTech rainsleeve is cost almost disposable. I used one at sea & sand dust blown Donna Nook trip some years back and it did a very good job.......I did not bother to wash it but three it away. Another tog on the same trip had a hired Sigma 800mm and he wrapped to whole rig in taped down black bin liners AFAIK it worked.

The pictures I have seen of a colour run do not encourage me to put my camera gear anywhere near it!

Having said that an OpTech rainsleeve is cost almost disposable. I used one at sea & sand dust blown Donna Nook trip some years back and it did a very good job.......I did not bother to wash it but three it away. Another tog on the same trip had a hired Sigma 800mm and he wrapped to whole rig in taped down black bin liners AFAIK it worked.

Thanks, I wonder perhaps I want something with a hard plastic lens cover for the end

Thanks, I wonder perhaps I want something with a hard plastic lens cover for the end

Maybe a waterproof/underwater compact like the Olympus Tough models. Once used underwater etc AFAIK they advise washing in clean fresh water.

Maybe a waterproof/underwater compact like the Olympus Tough models. Once used underwater etc AFAIK they advise washing in clean fresh water.

Something like this, but perhaps with a bit more information about what fits and from a UK stockist who can get it to me before Thursday next week :)

I must confess that I didn’t know what a colour run shoot was until Mr Google helped!

Looks especially risky for camera gear to say the least :oops: :$

Do please update this post, I’d love to hear how you get on (y)

I must confess that I didn’t know what a colour run shoot was until Mr Google helped!

Looks especially risky for camera gear to say the least :oops: :$

Do please update this post, I’d love to hear how you get on (y)

it's for a school, and directly after the colour run i'm off around the school to photograph a talent show and outdoor cinema. Hopefully it'll brush off ok.

Ordered this

:)

Its powder paint and therefore quite fine, but turns to paste if it gets wet. It can and does get everywhere so I would use some sort of cover. An optech rainsleeve can be taped to lens hood and is disposable. I'd use a filter on the front end as well as thats washable more easily than a front end. Your solution should be OK!

Back