Colour space?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I shoot in raw but I've just been looking at the settings (40D). Should I be shooting in sRGB or Adobe RGB? (What's the difference?).

Lisa

Lisa its one of those things i cant really get my head round either but whichever colour space you use you should use in everything. IE if you use sRGB (which i was adviced to and do but have no idea why) in camera then you also need to use sRGB for windows and photoshop and any other progs you use with your photos and can change the colour space on. I hope that helps.

If you don't know the answer already you'd be better off sticking to sRGB.

This has been covered a hundred times already, if not more, so for a more detailed answer search for 'sRGB' and the username 'pxl8'.

If you don't know the answer already you'd be better off sticking to sRGB.

This has been covered a hundred times already, if not more, so for a more detailed answer search for 'sRGB' and the username 'pxl8'.

I'm only a total novice you know. :)

I'll do a search.

Thanks for the other replies.

Lisa

I sort of gathered that, hence the comment. Although I do seem to have missed a sentence or two in the middle of that post which would have explained things in a little more detail and made me appear like I was being less short with you. I do apologise.

But I digress. The simplest way of looking at things is that if you stick with sRGB throughout your post-processing workflow, you'll never go wrong.

But do search for those terms and see if it all starts to make sense. And don't worry about asking what might seem like stupid questions as we've all been there, one way or another.

If your shooting in Raw only then it makes not one iota of a difference what you shoot in as the the colour space is decided at the raw conversion stage. :)

Hi

Thanks for the replies and the link. Very interesting ready.

Cheers.

Lisa

Back