Coloured smoke... [new one added]

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, bit cliche I know. I cut out some smoke from yesterday's pancake pictures and had a quick play in GIMP. I think perhaps the colours are bit OTT, I wasn't sure how to choose my own other than the selected preset choices GIMP has. But pretty non-the-less.

Any advice on these? Colour schemes etc? I'll try inverting it and having a play too :)

SmokeEditborder.jpg

Last edited:
I quite like the OTT colours, very pretty

I think its gotta be OTT or quite subtle for the smoke picture, well thats my view anyways.

I quite like the OTT colours, very pretty

I think its gotta be OTT or quite subtle for the smoke picture, well thats my view anyways.

Thanks Robbo :) Yeh I'll no doubt have some more plays with smoke now I have those incense sticks :D

I been meaning to do this for a while too.......man it takes me so long to get round to things! lol

I been meaning to do this for a while too.......man it takes me so long to get round to things! lol

Haha, well that picture is the left hand side of that pancake picture, chopped out and coloured etc. Economical eh? :LOL:

Haha, well that picture is the left hand side of that pancake picture, chopped out and coloured etc. Economical eh? :LOL:

hahaha...I like it, you should try see how many different images you can get from the same picture! lol

Its crap, stick to the collisions...... :) you know im joking, really good processing work :)

It's lovely it looks like a very thin silk scarf !

Thanks!

I like it alot how is the best way to get smoke like that. Do you have to use a off camera flash??

Cheers

Thank you :) Indeed. This was done with a Jessops 360AFD flash, on 1/16th power, perpendicular angle to the camera, to the left of the smoke, with a black background behind :)

Its crap, stick to the collisions...... :) you know im joking, really good processing work :)

Hahaha, thanks! :)

I love the colours, its very pretty.:D

Thanks Angi!

What do you reckon to an inverted one?

SmokeInvert.jpg

And another:

Moresmoke.jpg

Not sure what happened with that bottom border there :|

And anooooooooooother!

4368368776_5e005300a5.jpg

Last edited:
Back