Colourful Male Pheasant

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
This chap couldnt resist the small bribes I put out for the smaller birds today, the least he could do was pose for me ;)

5486051033_58e4b831d1_b.jpg

Thanks for looking
C & C Welcome

Last edited:
Interesting shot of a truly beautiful bird
Thank you David
Great and unusual capture Trev! :clap:

Cheers
Thanks Richard
Really impressive! nice details!
Cheers
Great colours! And SO close!! What focal length?
Thank you. FL was 400mm, settings, f/5.6, 1/100, 1600 ISO, light was poor. He was about 4 meters away from me.
Nice one Trev, that works really well
Thanks a lot Martyn, thats appreciated.

Fantastic colours and detail....maybe a bit too close to get the dof required.Lost the exposure a bit on the edges of the range but I still like him.
Keith(y)

Well it is exactly as per title Trev :D Lovely catch, the blown whites is the one thing that stands out to me if anything.

Great picture of a lovely bird.
Thanks
Gorgeous colours - nice one
Thank you
Great detail but an unattractive crop.
Thanks for the comments. I welcome critique with open arms, but its a good idea to offer a suggestion or a reason for your comments as well.
very nice..mark.
Cheers
Good portrait of a pheasant
Thank you
Fantastic colours and detail....maybe a bit too close to get the dof required.Lost the exposure a bit on the edges of the range but I still like him.
Keith(y)
Thanks Keith. Yes, I did lose it at both ends, the conditions we not good with mist and low light Any smaller aperture and I would have been using bulb :D. No excuses though, I got it wrong but still liked the picture (y)
Well it is exactly as per title Trev :D Lovely catch, the blown whites is the one thing that stands out to me if anything.
Cheers Rich, I agree and commented on this to Keith. Out of interest, I was using 1600 ISO, 1/100 at f/5.6, there wasnt a lot of movement I could make in the settings due to the light. Later on I went up to 3200 ISO.

Ahhh they're so pretty. I didn't realise their faces were like the consistency of astro turf! lol ;-)

Nice detail on the facial wattle Trev :)
Thanks Anthony
Ahhh they're so pretty. I didn't realise their faces were like the consistency of astro turf! lol ;-)
Lovely colours but the complexion !!!

Hi Trev,i won,t mention the whites,but other wise a lovely image with great colour and good detail,

john.
ETTL a bit too much, thanks John

Cheers John, its appreciated

Thank

Thanks Keith. Yes, I did lose it at both ends, the conditions we not good with mist and low light Any smaller aperture and I would have been using bulb :D. No excuses though, I got it wrong but still liked the picture .

Hi Trev......Didn't mean to be so harsh...he's not that far off ...I know the feeling as I had exactly the same thing with this one.
Closeuplow.jpg

Keith...hope it's O.K. to put a shot on your thread. (y)

Hi Trev......Didn't mean to be so harsh...he's not that far off ...I know the feeling as I had exactly the same thing with this one.

Keith...hope it's O.K. to put a shot on your thread. (y)
Hi Keith, I didnt think you were harsh for a moment, and no probs posting your image, cheers (y)

Back