Comments on these please, 3 pics

Name
John Larson
Edit My Images
Yes
3 more bird shots, I would like honest comments as I am having trouble with some shots being poor quality. (y)

birdeating.jpg

heron1.jpg

stork2.jpg

Might be an idea to give some EXIF data fro the shots as well.

The photo's themselves are quite good. The first one needs to be a little brighter & also more contrast. Number 2 & 3 you are shooting against the sun, always awkward. If possible you need to tone down the brightness/exposure in the sea. What lens are you using?

The photo's themselves are quite good. The first one needs to be a little brighter & also more contrast. Number 2 & 3 you are shooting against the sun, always awkward. If possible you need to tone down the brightness/exposure in the sea. What lens are you using?

Hi redspider, I used Iso 100 with a 50-200 lens. John (y)

How this ??

birdeating-1.jpg

Last edited:
They look slightly off in the focussing on this monitor.
The last one looks like the focus is on the stone in front of the bird.
Hope that helps

Hope that helps

I agree. I'd also say that I think in the second photo the focus is slightly behind the bird.

Never going to be easy shooting white on white though, not something I've ever tried to be honest.

The first shot looks like it has been heavily cropped possibly?

Hope that helps

Thanks sawman I agree I wonder if I reset my camera back to factory settings it might help or do you think its me ??

The first is poor quality. The third is the best shot but you've focused on the ground rather than the bird itself. Keep it up though :) always keep it up!

I agree. I'd also say that I think in the second photo the focus is slightly behind the bird.

Never going to be easy shooting white on white though, not something I've ever tried to be honest.

The first shot looks like it has been heavily cropped possibly?

Yes the 1st was quite a crop as it was taken about 6ft from myself. (y)

Thanks sawman I agree I wonder if I reset my camera back to factory settings it might help or do you think its me ??

Try some test shots on something static. I went through something very similar a few weeks back & found it was me that was wrong. :D

The first is poor quality. The third is the best shot but you've focused on the ground rather than the bird itself. Keep it up though :) always keep it up!

So in a shot like the 1st should I have been on spot focus ?? :shrug:

Yes the 1st was quite a crop as it was taken about 6ft from myself. (y)

Aye, well when you're cropping by that amount it magnifies any impurities in the photo. If you look at the background you can see the noise is visible and the bird looks out of focus, perhaps as you were focused on something else and not the bird? Or just the fact that before it was cropped it may have looked sharp, but as it has been made bigger it's reduced it somewhat.

It's a bit hard to guess really, do you still have the original shot to view?

Last edited:
Hi redspider, I used Iso 100 with a 50-200 lens. John (y)

How this ??

birdeating-1.jpg

I asked about the lens as it looked a little soft on my laptop, now looking on the desktop I can seethat there is a little softness. Your second attempt is a little better. It is really a matter of practice.

Back