Common Buzzard

dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to catch a couple of Buzzard shots yesterday from the garden.

Fairly brutal crops so quite happy.

5553643076_7c79bff9d6_z.jpg

5553642166_0dd9618312_z.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely detail in the feathers on the wings.

Cheers - just could of done with it a bit lower.

Cheers - just could of done with it a bit lower.

Have you thought about getting up a bit higher Phil :D Good little set, these are buggers to get that decent shot of, just have to be in the right place at the right time with them, and those chances dont come along that often :(

Great captures, I am still waiting to get some as good as these.
I car share and since it wasnt my turn to drive today I left my camera at home. Guess what I saw on a fence post 20 feet away from me at the roundabout this morning? Oh well, there will be other times!

Great captures, I am still waiting to get some as good as these.
I car share and since it wasnt my turn to drive today I left my camera at home. Guess what I saw on a fence post 20 feet away from me at the roundabout this morning? Oh well, there will be other times!

I think that's what is called Sod's Law :D

Have you thought about getting up a bit higher Phil :D Good little set, these are buggers to get that decent shot of, just have to be in the right place at the right time with them, and those chances dont come along that often :(

Silly as it sounds Rich - Living at the foot of a big hill with Buzzards a plenty, getting higher is quite easy but as you say it's a case of being in the right place at the right time. They do sit in the trees at the end of the garden but I'd missed this one as 99% of the time I only spot them as they lift off.

That said there's places around here where I nearly always see Buzzards up close however I've get to go armed with the camera.

Very nice - much, much, much better than the one I got yesterday and someone said looked like an overripe banana :D

Cheers Christine - I saw your over-ripe banana. I get a lot of those around here too (y)

very nice, these are super birds .
Rob.

After Rich's suggestion, I had images of you balancing on top of a pair of steps in your garden with your camera :puke: :LOL:
For big crops you have kept quite good detail, and as has been said, they never seem to be in the right place for you. Well done Phil (y)

I think that's what is called Sod's Law :D

Indeed, but I saw it again at the same spot today, and I had my camera with me this time but the thing flew away before I could get a focussed shot! (Sods law again).
At least I know where it has it's breakfast now!:)

Back