Beginner Compact Camera / Point and shoot for concerts? :)

Edit My Images
No
Hey there, i've recently had to downgrade my phone which i used to use to take pictures at gigs and concerts. As I've really enjoyed taking pictures at concerts i'm looking to continue but don't have a huge budget to go with. I have around a £250 budget which i'd like to get a small point and shoot camera that'll be allowed into venues. Just wondered if anyone knew of any cameras at this price range that takes semi-decent pictures for my own personal use? Thanks in advance :)

Point and shoot cameras like the Canon ixus, can be had for under £100 new. But being a point and shoot, you might struggle in venues with such cameras, as they normally have a tiny 1/2.3 inch image sensor. Might be better to get a Compact camera with a 1 inch sensor, should be able to get a decent pre owned one, for not a lot of money.

Probably something like the Sony RX100 mk1. I am sure others will be along shortly, giving their recommendations.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Last edited:
:plus1: For the RX100 series. Might be pushing it as far as its zoom range (for larger venues.)

Hey there, i've recently had to downgrade my phone which i used to use to take pictures at gigs and concerts. As I've really enjoyed taking pictures at concerts i'm looking to continue but don't have a huge budget to go with. I have around a £250 budget which i'd like to get a small point and shoot camera that'll be allowed into venues. Just wondered if anyone knew of any cameras at this price range that takes semi-decent pictures for my own personal use? Thanks in advance :)
You could say what phone you downgraded from (which you say you found OK) and what phone you went to which is not OK.

Back