Compact Flash Card Speeds

Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Just upgrading my D80 to a D300 and wondered on the speed of the CF card I should get? I don't want to limit the shooting ability of the body in anyway, but I'm not sure if 260x-310x is OTT amd if a 133x will do the job. Any D300 owners out there care to comment?

Cheers.

Yup, I've got a couple of Sandisk Extreme III CF cards, Quick & Great value.

I picked up a 4GB card off amazon for about £20

Yup, I've got a couple of Sandisk Extreme III CF cards, Quick & Great value.

I picked up a 4GB card off amazon for about £20

£17.99@ Play or £14.29 @ PC World using 'Play.com' to price match either in-store or phone. These are the 30mb/s/200x variety.

See Shopping treads for full details.

Sandisk Extreme III seems to be the default choice around here, great value for money (y)

This surprises me actually as I thought there would be some perceivable difference between the IIIs and IVs. Why do they bother making 300x if 133x is sufficient for high end cameras?

This surprises me actually as I thought there would be some perceivable difference between the IIIs and IVs. Why do they bother making 300x if 133x is sufficient for high end cameras?

it will be faster on your computer and if you have lots of data it can make a big differance, but you may not see the additional speed on your camera - unless you have a fast camera and push it hard - do you shoot sports in RAW?

the real answer to your question can be answered here

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

it will be faster on your computer and if you have lots of data it can make a big differance, but you may not see the additional speed on your camera - unless you have a fast camera and push it hard - do you shoot sports in RAW?

the real answer to your question can be answered here

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

Not to fussed about PC transfer times, now if I could speed up the 1:1 preview generation in Lightroom now that would be good! lol

I do motor sports in RAW and in the end I ordered an Extreme IV just in case. Thanks for your help peeps.

Back