compact / slr

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all i am on the look out for a small compact something that i can put in my pocket when i go on holiday and something the wife can use while im at work..

and no i will not let her use the 1Dmk11N NOT a chance..

i am budgeting around 250 pound ish.. or a possible swap for anyone looking to get a older dslr "my 10d"

ok guys whats any good and what should i be looking for...

md(y)

Get the smallest DSLR Canon make, it makes a lot better than any P&S and sure is compact?! I was looking for something similar, though on the Nikon front, and went with the D40 .... and what a P&S that is compared to a D70, D200 and D2Xs.

Panasonic FX35 a good choice/

Cheaper still the Canon A570IS, currently just over £100 - still 7.2Mp, decent enough digi zoom, and some manual control too. Uses AA batteries, so you'll never be without power when the opportunity for a photo comes around. Ideal for pocket.

Just avoid anything where the make starts with a 'C' and you'll be fine

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Honestly though, I wouldn't have a clue - except I bought one (Nikon obviously) a couple of years ago for £100 and it's fine for such simple usage

£250 today is going to get you an awful lot more features than my £100 2 years ago - so on that basis, pretty much anything will be good enough

DD

(Maybe even something starting with a 'C' too)

Yeah I agree with Outlaw, spend a little more and get a G9. Has all the controls and build quality of a great DSLR but in compact form.

Going to be getting one myself soon :D

Back