Complete Novice - ST200 & Fiesta Zetec-S

Name
Gareth Parkinson
Edit My Images
Yes
I just had a look at some of the pictures in this forum, and must admit, I am embarrassed to put them up after seeing them. Never the less, everyone has to start somewhere.

Please give your honest opinions on the pictures. I know there are some that are absolute pants, but thats OK. Hints and tips on how I can achieve better results are more than welcome. Kit used it in my Signature.

100_0115Small.jpg

100_0116Small.jpg

100_0117Small.jpg

100_0118Small.jpg

100_0119Small.jpg

100_0120Small.jpg

100_0121Small.jpg

100_0122Small.jpg

100_0123Small.jpg

100_0125Small.jpg

More pictures to follow.

Some more.

100_0126Small.jpg

100_0127Small.jpg

100_0129Small.jpg

100_0130Small.jpg

100_0133Small.jpg

100_0134Small.jpg

100_0135Small.jpg

100_0136Small.jpg

100_0137Small.jpg

100_0138Small.jpg

More to follow.

Last bunch.

100_0139Small.jpg

100_0141Small.jpg

100_0142Small.jpg

100_0143Small.jpg

100_0144Small.jpg

100_0151Small.jpg

100_0152Small.jpg

100_0153Small.jpg

100_0154Small.jpg

100_0155Small.jpg

This is the last picture, honest. :)

100_0128Small.jpg

nice set and a good start. Watch out for camera shake.

just a tip, but if you want to get good advice, its best to only post a few photos. Youre more likely to get responses that way.

i think you had a misty/dirty lens in the first few. Also, quite a few are blurry, so you would need to use a higher shutter speed on those, or even better use a cheapo tripod

Interesting first few pictures. Nice cars ;)

For automotive photography, it's generally a good idea to get down to bumper level - it gives the cars far more attitude and makes them more imposing. The last shot is a tiny bit too high, IMO. The floor-level shots are interesting, though. Get as close as you can, as well. Putting the headlights on was a good idea.

Pick a good location - I like your idea of under the bridge - and don't let distractions enter the background - Citroens parked on the pavement, for instance.

The first few shots definitely show up a dirty lens.

The swans will also benefit from a swan-level photo and not from human level - or it's just like you're standing looking down at a swan, which isn't very interesting.

Some great ideas. Work on eliminating camera shake and keep going!

LPG i think
Correct-a-mundo. It was important to me to not cut into the bodywork of the car. I am a bit of an enthusiast, so sodomising the shell was a no-no.

Thanks for the advice, I will deffo follow it. Maybe I should put up 3 or 4 next time and place a link to the rest. :)

Correct-a-mundo. It was important to me to not cut into the bodywork of the car. I am a bit of an enthusiast, so sodomising the shell was a no-no.

Thanks for the advice, I will deffo follow it. Maybe I should put up 3 or 4 next time and place a link to the rest. :)

cool
stick at it, you'll get some excellent advice here especially from liberalis

on a subnote, i wish they at put that bloody engine in my old cougar :)

lol. On a side note, the fist image is from inside the car with rain on the windscreen. The 2nd and 3rd are again from inside, but with Optical Zoom being used to get up-close to the Fez.

lol. On a side note, the fist image is from inside the car with rain on the windscreen. The 2nd and 3rd are again from inside, but with Optical Zoom being used to get up-close to the Fez.
Makes sense.
Never shoot through glass. Even clean dry glass (think brand new windscreen) will affect the image quality.

If you want the rain to show up like rain, as an effect, then clean and dry the screen first and wait for more rain (or splash water on it yourself). Make the camera use a very small aperture (a high f-number, like f/22) and prop the camera up somewhere where it'll stay still, because an increase in exposure time will be necessary. That way there will be more depth of field, and the raindrops will nearly be in focus and will look like raindrops, not dirty lens...

That bridge is a fantastic location. Next time try shooting the cars without getting the outside light in the shot as its causing lots of over exposure.

other than that, good set of shots.

Have a look through some old shots on here for some ideas of angles and locations.

Back