Concert Seating

I like this particularly the colour version , reminds me of work by Gursky.
It looks like the highlights are a bit blown out though. Have you tried recovering the highlights or reducing the exposure a bit.

I prefer the b&w version. Coming from me though, that doesn't say much - I prefer the b&w version of everything!

I like this particularly the colour version , reminds me of work by Gursky.
It looks like the highlights are a bit blown out though. Have you tried recovering the highlights or reducing the exposure a bit.

You're right about the highlights. I've tried various means of recovery (I shot this in RAW) but didn't really like the outcome. I'll have to go back and try again.

I prefer the b&w version. Coming from me though, that doesn't say much - I prefer the b&w version of everything!

Well...so do I much of the time, but people are always saying that they use B&W to "salvage" a photograph, so sometimes I feel my B&W's are cheapened.

What i see (?) in this version is the Nazi-era militaristic feel of it. Inanimate objects focused on an off-screen subject...black and white, all in row after row.

Probably says something about me that years of therapy could likely cure. :LOL: I suppose the recent Occupy protests have stirred some dormant thought in me.

Which RAW converter are you using. I use Adobe Camera RAW most of the time but I find that the Nikon ViewNX software is more effective with problem images, although its quiet clunky to use.

I'm using Adobe Camera Raw. Not really keen on buying yet more software, but may have to do so. I'll go back and rework the original file on this; it really shouldn't be that hard to fix.

I prefer the colour version although I do agree with the exposure being reduced in PP slightly- give the shot more imact (y)

Les ;)

Back