confused with lens

jolsterj

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
i have recently bought a nikon d40x.

i would like to buy a couple of lens.

could someone provide a link or post up a list of what each lens does.?

sorry if i sound thick but there are so many and at really different prices i dont know where to start.

thanks for your time

What do you want to do with your camera? What sort of budget do you have in mind?

Realistically nobody is going to explain what each of the 60 lenses in the Nikon range is good for. But if you help narrow the field, you'll get much better information.

Kit lens takes fairly wide angle to medium.

10-20 mm (the lens I would love) wide angle - good for landscape.

50mm f1.8 - known as nifty fifty. Only works with MF on Nikon D40X, but takes great close ups of flowers (not macro though), portraits and pictures in low light conditions. The large aperture f1.8 gives very shallow Depth of field, allowing you to blur out background.

Macro lens - extreme close ups of flowers, insects etc. Comes in various sizes.

The lenses I have with my Nikon D40X at the moment are:
18-55 kit lens

AF-S DX VR Zoom 55-200, (Nikon lens with Vibration Reduction and AutoFocus

Nikon 50mm AF-S 1.8 prime lens, (Nikon do not make an Autofocus 50mm prime lens for our camera, only DX lens have built in motors for autofocus, so you need to focus manually - this is not a problem, it's very easy with this lens).

I also have a Raynox close up lens, which attaches on to the front of my other lens and enables macro photography at a cheap price of aboout £25.

Hope this is of some help to give you a basic idea.

i know its a tall order thats why i was hoping for a link that someone had already written.

ok portraits

weddings

macro flowers insects

sports

Back