Confusing for Travellers

Name
Steve Green
Edit My Images
Yes
notrav.jpg

Stopped at a local pub this earlier today for a pint of Guinness whilst out on our bikes. Saw these signs, thought it made a nice picture.

Any comments welcome. I am now trying to use my A95 on full manual mode and not use the LCD as I will be upgrading to a DSLR at some point so need to get used to things............i'm :ponders: about it all at the moment :confused: :embarasse

LOL - An unusual way to attract new customers;)

Great capture Steve ...which DSLR are you going for btw ?

Tricky one, i'm not entirely sure as yet. The low end is where I shall need to pitch myself so it's a toss up between the Nikon D50 or D70 (not really looked into this one yet) or the 350D Canon. I was kind of considering the 20D but I have just been put off by the lack of a full auto mode. I'd like to retain that initially even though I have now told myself never to use the LCD viewfinder and the auto mode on my A95 in preparation for the switch to a non 'live' camera.

I'm aware that a decent body is a good 'investment' as the lenses will eventually let me get the best out of the camera, with practice.

I need to go and have a hold of them to see what I find most comfortable.

Steve...I moved to the 350d from the A95...a very capable little camera.
I ran it in manual mode for the same reasons as you and it still produces great landscapes in the right light.

The 350d (or any other DSLR for that matter) gives you much more control though and don't be put off if you are a little dissapointed with your first few shots, there's a learning curve...especially keeping that long thing in front of the camera (lens) lassoing all over the place :D

Very amusing pic BTW!

stevegreen said:
I was kind of considering the 20D but I have just been put off by the lack of a full auto mode.

You've got some duff info there Steve - the 20D has a Full Auto mode, in fact it has more modes than you can shake a stick at. :)

Well you can get a s/h D70 for decent price & they might drop a bit more as people upgrade to D200. The 20D might also drop s/h when Canon announce their replacement soon.

Here you go Steve - the whole 9 yards of the 20D Modes...

Modes.jpg

The green rectangle is auto everything and tells you the time in Tokyo. :D

hehe, nice shot Steve :)

Back