Conkey

Edit My Images
Yes
caught my kitten having a very serious moment.

IMG_6720_1_edit800.jpg

IMG_6719_1edit800.jpg

IMG_6721_1edit799.jpg

I would like to clone out the other kitten behind conkey, but I have only been using photoshop for 2 days, and I dont know how yet.

C&C welcome

good? junk? Im very new to photography, i would love some feedback

Not bad but not great either - which is probably why you have had people viewing the thread and not commenting.

White fur is always going to be very difficult in strong light and you have lost the detail in the bright areas. The exif is in the pictures so I can see you used pattern metering. This has averaged the whole scene and over exposed the bright areas. Spot or centre weighted average and you would have got a better exposure.

You shot at f5.6 which will throw the background out of focus and give you a shallow depth of field. Due to the lighting the background is dark anyway so you could have stopped down to say f8 and got a sharper shot and still had reasonable shutter speeds.

Cute model you have there :)

thanks for the comments Robert, I have to admit that I havnt thought of adjusting the type of metering Im using yet. I will consider it more now I think. (y)

Awww... what a beautiful kitten. I look forward to seeing more pictures of him/her soon. The first shot works best for me as you have managed to capture a very intent expression on Conkey's face. The red background of the 'cat station' also works well. Can't help you with Photoshop I'm afraid as I'm pants at it :LOL:

Very cute kitten there! I really like the high contrast look of your images but feel that all of your images could do with tweaking to get the most from them. 1st shot has a very nice expression but think that the 2nd has a nicer feel to it (think the image would have been massively improved had the base of the red diamond been included - you've only just cut the tip off)
Removing the other kitten from the bg would be a bit of a pain due to the fur which has a very difficult edge to follow convincingly - easy enough to get a good result in photoshop using the clone tool & masking but it's always best try to frame the shot so as to avoid this - just lowering the angle you were shooting at & moving slightly to the right should have blocked the view to the other kitten or made it a bit easier to remove.

I think you're off to a great start though, animals (especially hyperactive kittens :LOL:) are difficult to photograph at the best of times. You've experimented with lighting which shows that you have good ideas as to how you wanted the scene to look, etc. You just need the technical help to get the most from your camera. Very nicely done (y)

thanks for the comments, tips and encouragement

(y)

Lovely kitten, really like the pose in no2, very thoughtful, like the framing too.

Awwww!!!! :love:
Am I the only one who loves #3 then?

I think you could possibly lop a bit off the bottom to get rid of the red on the right and then clone out the slight gold coloured distraction upper right.

I love the expression in this one, has a serious sort of look for a little kitten.

Btw, Im sure you dont really need 2 of these ... fancy offloading one :LOL:

Back