Considering full price of Nikon setup vs moving to Canon

Ash..

Read Arkaday's last post and mine just before it. :)

CT said:
Ash..

Read Arkaday's last post and mine just before it. :)

Hi CT, yeah I did read the post mate. I just don't understand how his mates Canon camera didn't have white balance by kelvin. Unless.it was something as old as a D30. And if he's a fellow pro he wouldn't have been seen dead with, as it hunts like a pig, and so did the D60. :)

Arkady said:
Even an old friend of mine from Bosnia has switched to Nikon after he was extolling the virtues of Canon last November in Camp Dogwood. His biggest gripe was that you couldn't alter the white balance by Kelvin. With the new D2X you can, so he bought one a couple of months ago and like me he's raving about it.

Ash, it's the way Rob phrased his post, I think he must have been drinking the local hooch. :eek1:

His mate had a Canon and was chuffed with it. His biggest gripe with changing to Nikon at that time was that you couldn't change WB by Kelvin, but with the introduction of the D2X Nikon added the feature, so his mate then bought one ( A Nikon)

Clear now? :D

All stop - I bumped into him on the plane coming back from Iraq last night (his name's Damir Sagolj - look up his stuff, it's bloomin' good).
Anyway, he's sticking with his Canon's after all. And just to show I tell it like I see it, all the Pro's I've bumped into out there in the past five days were using Canons - not sure the exact one, but it's the 8Mpi model, not the 11 or 14Mpi one. The reason being that the file sizes get too unwieldy for our kind of work.
Though I'm still lovin' the D2x.

Arkady said:
all the Pro's I've bumped into out there in the past five days were using Canons - not sure the exact one, but it's the 8Mpi model, not the 11 or 14Mpi one. The reason being that the file sizes get too unwieldy for our kind of work.
That would be the 1DMk2 then, rather than the 1DSMk2 - it does tend to be the preference of reportage types, for it's 8.5 fps and more reasonable file size.

I did check out your mate's pics - excellent - he has a style all his own. :)

Back