NSFW Cooking vids

Oh dear, he does swear a lot doesn't he?

I absolutely agree with him though - why the hell would anyone buy it in a jar? Come to think of it, why do people buy sauces in jars anyway when they're so easy to make for a tenth of the price. :facepalm:

Oh dear, he does swear a lot doesn't he?

I absolutely agree with him though - why the hell would anyone buy it in a jar? Come to think of it, why do people buy sauces in jars anyway when they're so easy to make for a tenth of the price. :facepalm:

1: They don't know how to make the sauce.

2: They are too lazy to make the sauce.

3: They don't have time to make the sauce.

4: They don't care about the quality of food they eat.

Or any combination of the above.

Has there ever been a cook-in sauce that actually tastes ok? Like, a standard classic Italian tomato sauce, for use in a variety of dishes, including a Spag Bol etc. Onion, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, Paprika, Basil, Oregano. Bosh. Done. So why the flippity flip do food producers think there is any place for stuff like sugar and vinegar ffs? Tomatoes have sufficient sweetness and acidity already. So many sauces seem to contain sugar these days. And lots of it, to the point where you can't taste anything else, often. 'King sugar. No wonder people are so fat.

Reactions: Sky
So why the flippity flip do food producers think there is any place for stuff like sugar and vinegar ffs? Tomatoes have sufficient sweetness and acidity already. So many sauces seem to contain sugar these days. And lots of it, to the point where you can't taste anything else, often. 'King sugar. No wonder people are so fat.

Food producers don't care about our physical well being, only profits. Sugar is addictive, so people will keep buying foodstuffs that are over saturated with it.

People will become obese and die prematurely. Food producers will get richer.

Has there ever been a cook-in sauce that actually tastes ok?

Many years ago, I used to use the jars of Dolmio white sauce for lasagne until I realised how easy it was to make my own. The difference is night and day. All other jarred sauces are disgusting. Up until only a few years ago, I though pesto was vile stuff but I had only tried the jars. I then found out what the main ingredients were (apart from the s*** the manufacturers shove in it) and tried making my own and now I love the stuff.

I think the problem for many is the perceived mystery surrounding sauces whereas the majority are very easy to make yourself.

Back