Cool car shoots - 2nd attempt

Edit My Images
Yes
Last night my buddy & I decided on another attempt to shoot his wife's car in a 'Cool' way and again we headed off for 3 planned venues - car parks in the middle of nowhere basically, and a couple of just off the road 'snoggers' spots to photograph it under trees :)

And bugger me if they weren't either all shut or deliberately blocked off to stop access :(

I'm now thinking the hardest part of any such shoot is actually finding somewhere to do it !!!

Anyway, my bud found a farmer mate of his who directed us to a spot on a hillside looking West (not too far from Emley Moor for those that know the area as you can plainly & deliberately see the mast in #2)

The sunset there last night was awesome :):):)

These three are from a 2nd attempt at this sort of thing, and were taken almost exactly 4 minutes apart at 6.03pm, 6.07pm and 6.11pm - even though it wasn't windy the clouds & light does change swiftly at sunset

Looking forward to another go soon with something more 'exotic' - anyone fancy coming over for a shoot if you have anything more interesting??? A car, van, bus or bike??? (y)

DD

#1 - 6.03pm

#2 - 6.07pm

#3 - 6.11pm

1 & 3 for me - stunning - I assume that's a bunch of birds flying across in no 2 - and not a mucky sensor . . . I would have liked to see a little light inside the car - just to make it more alive - otherwise - 10/10

Mucky sensor :LOL: it was a large flock of Crows :)

Light inside the car - good point - meant to try that - forgot :bonk:

#1 & #3 had 3 speedlights (and I also forgot my brollies too :bonk::bonk:)

#2 had just one as I was after the sunlight on the side of the car

DD

Three for me - two is a bit bright at the front end - might have ben good to tone the flash down a stop and see the difference...

Getting back to the pics.....

I think my favourite is the second shot, although I'd liked to have seen a bit of detail on the side of the car, moving the light at the corner a bit might have helped with that and eliminated the hot spot on the silver stripe.

I can see what you are trying to do, but think that it would be better if there was more ambient light - makes the shots look a little less OTT :)

Cheers George - there was plenty of ambient light but these were meant to be OTT (not HDR though :D)

DD

Nice but i also would have liked to have seen more detail in the dark background.

md

Could have done that - deliberate choice not to :)

DD

Cool. I have now sorted out some off camera flash so will be having ago at some of this soon....

md

I really like 1 and 3. Not keen on number 2 as the side of the car seems to disappear. The sky is great. Not normally keen on the static car picks but these are really good.

Forgot to say nice set BTW............remember the invite next time you guys are out shooting :bat:

Forgot to say nice set BTW............remember the invite next time you guys are out shooting :bat:

Invite would have been made, but you're not free at 4pm in the afternoon m8

Next one (not planned as such yet) is to photograph my darker car so if you're available with your black one, that should be all bases covered pretty much :)

But PLEASE have a think about locations too, as we're frankly struggling at the mo :(

DD

Back