Cornwall Beach Sunset

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
One from a recent weeks holiday to North Cornwall, nr Padstow.

This was shot at Constantine Beach on a lovely but cool evening

main.php

That's nice - great colours and composition. Reminds me to get to the coast if we still have any decent skies left this year(y)

Thanks Gribbsy, much appreciated :)

As with alot of Cornwall, this beach has some fantastic photography opportunities, and it's West facing so is geat for sunsets.

That is indeed a really nice photo! The colours are awesome and I like the composition. A few tiny little things however... It appears slightly soft, and the brightest part of the sky appears to be clipped at the highlights. Whilst this isn't against any "rules" persay, it is a little distracting. My advice would be to use a 2 or a 3 stop ND Grad. This will act to keep the foreground exposure the same but bring the sky back down slightly and reveal colour in the brightest area. If you don't have any of these filters already, the Cokin P system can be bought quite cheap, with the adapter and filter holder on ebay for a few quid each. The filters are about £15 each though iirc.

Don't get me wrong however, this is a cracking photo! With the slightest of improvement, you got a real winner here!

Thanks to everyone for the comments, much appreciated ;)

Good advice Woodsy, I'm always happy to take onboard advice to impre, so thanks very much. I think the softness might be down to my nose filtering, it's probably gone ott and blurred the rock. I have actually bought a Fuji S3 Pro for my Landscapes now and keeping the D50 for my sports, so fingers crossed the smaller ISO might reduce the need for noise filtering in future.

I have a Cokin system (I forget which it is now) but had it for my 18-55mm kit lens, 52mm. Can I get a converter ring to fit my 18-70mm Nikon, 67mm I think it is?

Back