Corsa/Astra

Name
Michaela.
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of pics from the weekend, I am looking for constructive comments on how to achieve the best when shooting/editing cars (you can feel free not to comment on modification choice!) I was using a kit lens & nifty fifty.

Thanks

1. (excuse the shadow)

4288774082_48e6893968.jpg

4288777388_76a9611a6b.jpg

4288039859_ed31b24e97.jpg

4288043145_f11a26c6f9.jpg

4288045773_03d951d0a4.jpg

4288800792_c33e49ac80.jpg

The only thing I would say is in number 7 you have that Clio in the back ground and I would try to avoid that

i think the wheels on the corsa are too dark, on my screen its lost detail, picture 1 would be alot better without that shadow and as zetec said about the clio, composition wise i think they're good!!

The only thing I would say is in number 7 you have that Clio in the back ground and I would try to avoid that

i think the wheels on the corsa are too dark, on my screen its lost detail, picture 1 would be alot better without that shadow and as zetec said about the clio, composition wise i think they're good!!

I will try and not emphasise the blacks too much in future.

And re the clio: I know - we went to a industrial estate, everything closed, so that idiot in his clio decides to drive & park right when I was taking the shot....and then proceeded to look at us funny because we were taking photos...none toggers don't seem to understand us :shrug:

1) Guessing this was handheld. If you take a couple of moments to set up a tripod in the back seat you can get the alignment spot on and be out the way to prevent shadows. Use the timer if it helps. Expose for the top of the dashboard and bounce bare flash off the roof lining. Mobile and air freshener aren't strictly modifications so fair game in the comments :p - lose them for the photos.

2) Where's your focus point? Only the wiper stalk looks sharp.

3 & 4) the setting does nothing for the car and the comps are fairly std for modified car pics. Try something different: two cars- get on top or in the boot of one to get a bit of elevation. Find a kerb and shoot from below the car's wheel height. Problem here is the high contrast which means you can't keep all the detail in the light paintwork and get some definition in the wheels/ tyres. Only way around it is changing location or using flash.

5) Seem to have got a bit more out of the wheels here - might just be the shooting angle but have a look at the EXIF compared to the prev two.

8) Not bad but a bit central. Great if there was a set of Brembos behind the alloy.

1) Guessing this was handheld. If you take a couple of moments to set up a tripod in the back seat you can get the alignment spot on and be out the way to prevent shadows. Use the timer if it helps. Expose for the top of the dashboard and bounce bare flash off the roof lining. Mobile and air freshener aren't strictly modifications so fair game in the comments :p - lose them for the photos.

2) Where's your focus point? Only the wiper stalk looks sharp.

3 & 4) the setting does nothing for the car and the comps are fairly std for modified car pics. Try something different: two cars- get on top or in the boot of one to get a bit of elevation. Find a kerb and shoot from below the car's wheel height. Problem here is the high contrast which means you can't keep all the detail in the light paintwork and get some definition in the wheels/ tyres. Only way around it is changing location or using flash.

5) Seem to have got a bit more out of the wheels here - might just be the shooting angle but have a look at the EXIF compared to the prev two.

8) Not bad but a bit central. Great if there was a set of Brembos behind the alloy.

Thanks for that - very useful (y) Will try those out next time :)

Fantastic Captures I Really Like No.2 No.3 No.6 And No.8 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

look good
but why all the air fresheners and cradles on the vents in #1?
steering wheel is cropped in #2, is this by design?
those yellow and black chevrons are distracting in #3, don't look at bad in B&W later on.
the corsa is the background is distracting too

#4 and #6 are my faves
touches on these for me, I would crop out the building door on the right of #4
#6 doesn't look quite horizontal. but that could be my eyes! (it might be looking at the background verticals)
do you have a polarising filter? for the glass? and for the car with the black slicks, I would turn them so the camera can catch them more, and/or hit them with some water mist so that they reflect the light more for #4
in the earlier shot, the wheels are so dark it's almost like the car is floating!.. which is fine (however, if the car has blue neons underneath the sills, I do NOT want to know :p)
I'm not a vauxhall fan either but I quite like the look of the astra. not too OTT
good use of DOF with the 50mm too. sorry, that's quite a rant, hope it's received as it's intended

Fantastic Captures I Really Like No.2 No.3 No.6 And No.8 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Thanks for that

look good
but why all the air fresheners and cradles on the vents in #1?
steering wheel is cropped in #2, is this by design?
those yellow and black chevrons are distracting in #3, don't look at bad in B&W later on.
the corsa is the background is distracting too

#4 and #6 are my faves
touches on these for me, I would crop out the building door on the right of #4
#6 doesn't look quite horizontal. but that could be my eyes! (it might be looking at the background verticals)
do you have a polarising filter? for the glass? and for the car with the black slicks, I would turn them so the camera can catch them more, and/or hit them with some water mist so that they reflect the light more for #4
in the earlier shot, the wheels are so dark it's almost like the car is floating!.. which is fine (however, if the car has blue neons underneath the sills, I do NOT want to know :p)
I'm not a vauxhall fan either but I quite like the look of the astra. not too OTT
good use of DOF with the 50mm too. sorry, that's quite a rant, hope it's received as it's intended

Thanks for that, all take on board (I hope!) I have got a cpl on order, hoping that can cut out some reflections. Thanks again

Back